We stayed at Sentrim Mara for 1 night in early April 2011 when we were travelling with our 2 young children thru Kenya
We had fresh memory from Sentrim Amboseli and we were not dissapointed with a similar location just outside the park periphery. We had a similar reception with song and dance but something was not the same.
Soon we realised that this lodge is totally different from Amboseli
The reception starts and ends within a few feet. The restaurant is very close to the reception, but does not have a good view of anything other than swimming pool.
The rooms were not standard camp like. They were rather different and looked like being built in stilts. The rooms are supposed to have a good view of the hill range in front, But alas, that was not the case as there was a lot of trees and bushes in between. We checked multiple rooms and none of them have a good view of anything
This was the only hotel where there was no buffet as they did not have enough people staying. We were given a standard option with a couple of main course options instead. But the food was good and was not as bad as we were concerned. They also seemed to have good vegetarian options.
The rooms were decent inside. The shower and WC areas were seperate and were clean and neat. They did provide us a good amount ot compliments for use in shower. We had a small work desk.
The staff were efficient but seem to be short on connecting with people. They seem to go thru their motions while working rather than from the heart.. I may be wrong, but I felt it that way because they have the infrastructure comparable to Amboseli Sentrim but there is a lack of character in the way it is being run
something is missing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sentrim Mara Camp is located in the Maasai Mara Game Reserve, 3 km from Sekenani gate. The entire camp is spread out over 100 acres of tranquil surroundings. The main guest area consists of the Reception, Lounge, Restaurant, Bar, Fire Place, Pool Bar, beauty spa and Swimming Pool. The lodge has a total of 64 en-suite standard, superior tents as well as family houses (Concrete). All rooms are equipped with Private hot shower, In-room safe deposit box, solar power and coffee making facilities. Recreation activities e.G. Guided nature walks, game drives, balloon safaris, Maasai culture talk, Manyatta village visits & Maasai dancers; can be organized upon request at a fee. Other services offered at the camp include; sundowner cocktails, bush breakfast / bush lunch and dinner within the lodge, massage services and can be organized upon request at a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Sentrim Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentrim Mara Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sentrim Mara Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve