Firstly the staff at Enchoro Wildlife Camp was amazing and extremely helpful. My fellow travelers and I were living in Uganda at the time of our safari and came to Kenya for a week to have a safari and sight see. We booked the 3-day weekend group rate, which included 3 people for a price of $385 each (which is an AMAZING price for a weekend in the Mara; we know people who paid the same amount for safaris in Uganda at much less famous and vast locations). One of our friends became very ill last minute and had to be transfered to the Nairobi hospital for treatment. Upon hearing our situation, they allowed us to keep our group rate for booking despite not having enough people as well as drove us to Aga Khan on arrival to Nairobi to see our friend. SO KIND AND SO APPRECIATED BY US.
The staff was really sweet in making sure that we were cared for during our stay but to be honest, we spent little time in the camp and were in the park pretty much from its opening to its closing for our trip. If you get an choice in drivers, TOM IS YOUR GUY. He has amazing experience in the Mara and we able to answer our entire car's questions. He always made sure that when someone on the radio reported a spotting that we had excellent placement to see the animals. Because of his determination, we were able to see the Big 5 in our weekend trip including the cheetah and the rhino (which Tom has told us he's only been able to see 3 times in his 15 years in the park). He was also very contentious of making sure that there was space and respect given to each of the animals in viewing that many of the other guides and drivers clearly did not have the same respect for.
Great budget accommodations, delicious food, and dedicated staff - couldn't have asked for a better safari experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best budget accommodation value for your stay in a tent at the Masai Mara under Canvas in the African Sky. Enchoro Wildlife Camp in Masai Mara gives you the real comforts of camping experience just like a home. It has 25 large permanent tented camps that are well furnished with facilities like writing table, foldable safari chairs, lockers, magazines all ensuite with flash toilets and running hot and cold water all day. Rooms are single, double / twin, triple and a four beds tent that offer camping with a bit more comfort. They are ideal for those who enjoy the camping experience but don't have the time or energy to set up and pull down a traditional tent. Enchoro Wildlife Camp accommodation is offered in a semi luxury large spacious tent, all en suite bathrooms with hot and cold shower, flash toilet, changing room and lockers for valuables. A writing desk with foldable safari chairs and magazines to keep you entertained. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, HostelWorld, Agoda and Jovago.com so you can book your Enchoro Wildlife Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enchoro Wildlife Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Enchoro Wildlife Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve