We were here as a part of a group and this camp was selected by our tour operator. Given its limitation such as remote location, limited supply of food, no electricity and basic infrastructure, I believe the camp does a pretty good job in treating its guests.
We were here in Enchoro for two nights and three days and most of the day was spent Game Driving in the Masai Mara reserve. The camp is very clean and the whole arrangement of tents gives you the true feeling of living out in the jungle. Our tent was spacious. It was a family tent with a double bed and two single beds. Each bed had a mosquitoes net but we did not encounter any mosquitoes or other bugs during our stay. There was a partition separating the bedroom with the another section in the tent having bathroom and toilet. We found the whole place very spacious and comfortable. The water pump used to run in the morning and the evenings and hot and cold water was available. The water pressure was of a little concern. The toilets here, like all other places in Kenya, have only toilet papers and no water jet facility.
The food is limited in variety. In breakfast we were served pancakes, omelets and breads along with milk and juice. For dinner we had mashed potato, macaroni or noodles along with meat / chicken and boiled vegetables.
There is no electricity although the water supply and the plumbing system in the camps are adequate. Electricity is available only for a limited time. Electrical sockets for charging electronics devices are available only in the dining area and were always occupied. Only a couple of sockets are available but they have a extension socket. I would recommend that you extra batteries for your cameras and other electronic devices.
Overall it was a plus for us and I would recommend Enchoro for anyone looking for a camp experience in Masai Mara
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best budget accommodation value for your stay in a tent at the Masai Mara under Canvas in the African Sky. Enchoro Wildlife Camp in Masai Mara gives you the real comforts of camping experience just like a home. It has 25 large permanent tented camps that are well furnished with facilities like writing table, foldable safari chairs, lockers, magazines all ensuite with flash toilets and running hot and cold water all day. Rooms are single, double / twin, triple and a four beds tent that offer camping with a bit more comfort. They are ideal for those who enjoy the camping experience but don't have the time or energy to set up and pull down a traditional tent. Enchoro Wildlife Camp accommodation is offered in a semi luxury large spacious tent, all en suite bathrooms with hot and cold shower, flash toilet, changing room and lockers for valuables. A writing desk with foldable safari chairs and magazines to keep you entertained. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Enchoro Wildlife Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enchoro Wildlife Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Enchoro Wildlife Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve