All reviews budget stay mara trip driver george water pump silly questions masai village days nights basic accommodation hot shower park entrance power outlets the reserve lake nakuru day safari tents were clean private bathroom camping experience
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed here in August 2012. The accommodation had everything we needed, shower (hot), toilet and separate sleeping quarters. We had four single beds and there was plenty of room. The dining room/bar was adequate and the meals ok. The only downside was there were no electricity outlets in the tents you had to ensure you got to the dining room early to bag one of several there. After dinner a camp fire was was lit in the grounds, which made it more like a camping experience. Take a torch with you as there are no lights in amongst the trees to show you the way to your tent. If you visit the Masai village, please haggle for everything you want to buy...they do not expect to receive the first amount they ask for anyway. I always halved the amount at least and went up from there to a maximum I would expect to pay for it back home.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Julie K
Reviewed May 19, 2012

My rating for the camp is an average but the driver we had during our stay bumped my rating up to very good. I enjoyed my stay here. Probably not a luxury camp but definitely had all the amenities I needed. There's a toilet and shower in each tent. The lights are only on during certain times of the day so make sure you get everything you need done completed during that time. The staff was incredibly friendly and the meals were delicious (the picnic lunch was a little disappointing since the meals we had at the camp were yummy). We got off to a rough start from Nairobi (the staff at the site there were not the friendliest..) but after that our tour guide (Odus - ask for him - beyond awesome) made the trip a blast. He was incredibly knowledgeable on the animals, polite and friendly. Great guy. The camp is owned by the masai mara and I highly recommend visiting their village - it was an experience. Had a great time, felt pretty safe and had the most amazing tour guide!

Date of stay: May 2012
2  Thank Megan N
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Hi There

I stayed at Enchoro for three nights in early April 2012. Not luxurious but very adequate and economical. They have a nice bar/dining room - beer is "room temperature" - less than $2 for a 500ml bottle. The generator is shut off around 10 and starts again around 6. It's 5 minutes from the Maasai Mara Reserve gate. The food was good and there was lots of hot water for the shower. The staff made the beds and cleaned the tent each day. All in all, a very enjoyable stay. And, the Maasai Mara was alive with game (even saw Cheetahs!!)

Stan from Canada

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank stantoafrica2010
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I have booked a 5 days safari tour from Beaverline Safaris in from 13 to 17 February 2012. It took 6 hours to drive from Nairobi to there. The roads were rough. We stayed at the Enchoro Camp for 3 nights that was very near to Masai Mara National Park. It took about 5 minutes drive to the Park. The tent was comfortable and clean with good flushing system of toilet and shower with unlimited water supply despite limited supply of electricity. However, I was satisfied with the camp when I compared with those in Tanzania. The food was enough and tasty.The staff were friendly and sincere, especially, Mpusia and Daniel who were the securities there. Both of them were Masai People. They helped us to carry the heavy camera lens to the van everyday. They told us about the tradition and the culture of Masai people. They let us to take photos. The staff and Masai people spoke fluent English. My friend and I liked to stay there. I would return to stay there if I go to Masai Mara for animal migration.

Date of stay: February 2012
3  Thank lovingworld
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Stayed at Enchoro from 4th to 6th Feb 2012. camp is just outside the park gate,Tent was comfortable, hot water was available, food was no great shakes but adequate, our driver and guide Edward was friendly and cooperative. Ambiance at the camp is perfect, if one is fond of wilderness, we could hear hyenas roaming nearby. overall a good trip.

Date of stay: February 2012