All reviews budget stay driver george power outlets lake nakuru warm shower camping experience running hot water great safari dining area national park gate toilet electricity accommodation masai kenya tents
Reviewed February 1, 2012

This camp is perfect for a low budget traveler. There is as much food as you want, a hot shower and a toilet. For those who have travelled in Africa a little more, they know how appreciated and rare this is. The purpose of the camp is to give a great access to the Masai Mara Reserve. We have seen the most beautiful landscapes, animals. We saw everything and we paid so much less than in the luxury camps. If the purpose of your trip is to live a real african adventure, This is the Camp to choose. The staff is great and answers any need you might have. I loved my experience. I will soon go back!
I booked with this company : http://www.enchorowildlifecamp.com/
And Albert Ouko, the Director is very trustworthy.
PLUS: 5% of the price you pay goes to an orphanage really in need!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jade S
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stayed as part of a group tour so didn't choose this one myself. It was very basic. Tents didnt zip up (advisable if you are on safari), some of the group didn't have mosquito blankets provided, the toilet and shower were in the tent, electricity was only on for an hour or so morning and evening (suppose you have to accept that though considering where you are), the food was awful and several members of the group were sick, they didn't cater for vegetarians so people went hungry. The staff weren't particularly friendly or helpful. Only warm beer so take your own if you fancy a tipple. DIY Camping would have been more luxurious; I wouldn't recommend this camp at all.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank MissP2012
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Tents were clean and very basic; none of the window flaps in tents zipped up, netting on bed too small . Pathways were not lit up, and no flashlights provided, no electrical outlets available in tent. No choice in food selection and often served cold, poor service. Camp is beside a Masai village and run by Masai people. Find another camp if you can.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vind63
Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed a three night stay at Enchoro Wildlife Camp in July, 2011. We booked the safari through www.africahomeadventure.com and were very pleased with everything! The tents are clean, comfortable and have large wonderful hot showers and a working toilet and sink inside. I found the beds in the tent comfortable. The food was delicious! There is a Masai village you can tour just a short walk away. I really recommend this safari camp to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JARMinnesota
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We, together with a considerable number of other tourists had a 'battle' with the management over bedding. My bedding hadn't been changed on arrival and we were unable to get extra bedding for my daughter or a pillow on the first night at the camp.,. We soon realised we were not alone with this problem as we heard several other complaints. The camp is basically far too crowded and cannot cope with the capacity of visitors. The food was good but the dining faciilities very cramped. Also the camp is a long way from many of the Mara sights, especially for the wildebeast river crossing.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family