My husband & I spent a couple of days at Sekenani Camp as part of our hectic family visit to Kenya at Christmas time.
Even before we arrived, the Nairobi Head Office staff had been very informative and interactive both online and by phone so we felt confident we'd be looked after very well. This was matched by the ground staff who met us off the plane at Mara and the staff at the camp who looked after us so well.
The camp was beautifully landscaped; our tent which had wooden floor boards, ceramic bath, electricity and hot water was kept clean at all times; the food was delicious and cooked for the international guest while maintaining local traditional recipes where possible; we had the best G&T appertifs by the camp fire and always felt safe and secure with the Maasai guards keeping an eye on the camp overnight.
We'd like to say a special Thanks to Adan, our safari guide who met us at the airstrip and on our first 2hrs showed us 3 of The Big Five plus my personal favourite the gorgeously elegant Giraffes. By the end of our 2 day stay, we'd seen a male leopard frolicking with a female; a lioness cub calling out her cubs who came running out of their den to meet their Mum; a pack of lions enjoying a tasty wilderbeest; a cheetah with her 6, yes, SIX cubs all growing beautifully and healthily. And lets not forget the elephants, zebras, buffalos, birds... We were incredibly impressed with Adan's friendliness and knowledge. He was always in control of the situations we found ourselves in.
We've already started to plan our return to Sekenani for a longer stay. We would highly recommend Sekenani Camp to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sekenani Camp offers an authentic bush experience for visitors wishing to get close to nature. Set at the source of Sekenani River, The camp offers a serene environment in which to relax, unwind and enjoy all the Mara has to offer. It comprises fifteen exceptionally well-designed tents set well apart for ensure maximum privacy. Each tent has a wooden floor and en-suite bathroom complete with full-length bathtub. The camp is accessible in five hours by road or a 45minute flight from Nairobi. Custom safari Vehicles are available by reservation. In addition to game drives in the reserve, guest may walk along the river or over the hills behind the camp escorted by Masai guides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Sekenani Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sekenani Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sekenani Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve