For purposes of rating i clicked May 2012 but travelled May 2009. Nick (Owner) made the trip memorable all the way from Nairobi to the Mara and back. Great holiday with random, interesting strangers. the Bush Breakfast was simply well set, delicious as a pack of Buffaloes watched closely by.
the chef can spin a mean chocolate mousse:-).. The tents are private with a balcony set up in a way that you really do not need to go to the main lounge unless for meals.
The bush fires were warm cozy with the camp staff telling tales of great maasai escapades.
I have to mention though, the pool, extremely cold hahahhahah. but that was a while back.
Kapur's famous vegetable garden.... came out with lovely well rounded tomatoes!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sekenani Camp offers an authentic bush experience for visitors wishing to get close to nature. Set at the source of Sekenani River, The camp offers a serene environment in which to relax, unwind and enjoy all the Mara has to offer. It comprises fifteen exceptionally well-designed tents set well apart for ensure maximum privacy. Each tent has a wooden floor and en-suite bathroom complete with full-length bathtub. The camp is accessible in five hours by road or a 45minute flight from Nairobi. Custom safari Vehicles are available by reservation. In addition to game drives in the reserve, guest may walk along the river or over the hills behind the camp escorted by Masai guides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sekenani Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sekenani Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sekenani Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve