As a geography professor, I have been traveling overseas for the past 30 years and I must say that Sekenani Camp was a great location with fantastic people and tents, service and hospitality. The Dean of Wildlife and Natural Resources at Narok University recommended this camp from personal experience and we were extremely pleased with everything. The self-titled Supreme Allied Commander of the camp, Mr. Lucho Ilkapur, was most welcoming and saw to all of our needs and requests. Be sure to ask to see his wonderful vegetable and herb garden that he is so very proud to show. The food was some of the best anywhere in tropical Africa (great Kenyan coffee, too, which is hard to find here), and elevated tents complete with hot water, baths, showers, and more that I could desire in such a location. If you are driving here be sure to enter the Masai Mara Reserve and the Sekenani Gate (look at a map!) and the camp will be easy to find.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sekenani Camp offers an authentic bush experience for visitors wishing to get close to nature. Set at the source of Sekenani River, The camp offers a serene environment in which to relax, unwind and enjoy all the Mara has to offer. It comprises fifteen exceptionally well-designed tents set well apart for ensure maximum privacy. Each tent has a wooden floor and en-suite bathroom complete with full-length bathtub. The camp is accessible in five hours by road or a 45minute flight from Nairobi. Custom safari Vehicles are available by reservation. In addition to game drives in the reserve, guest may walk along the river or over the hills behind the camp escorted by Masai guides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Sekenani Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sekenani Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sekenani Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve