This was our first safari experience....and it was over the top!!! From the moment you enter NIL you are transported into a luxury safari experience of a boutique hotel designed for 7 suite guests. We were warmly welcomed by Daniel and the Maasi Mara Dancers. With welcome drinks and introductions to our personal Butler Ann, Chef Isaac and Safari Driver Steven, we were treated with such warmth and respect. Each meal is specially designed by Chef Isaac. The food was outstanding....But what made NIL extraordinary special is the attention to detail. Every meal had a surprise location. NIL is on a type of island arm that wraps itself around the Mara River giving incredible vistas of the area including hippos in the river below. Each surprise location accented the beauty of the area. Ann our personal Butler made us feel like Kings and Queens as she served each course of the meal.. We were so blessed by her attention to detail including drawing our baths when we came back from safari drives to lighting our fireplace....special touches... To top this was our Safari Driver Steven who we came to know and love.....Steven's love for his Maasi culture, animals and the Maasi Mara area was contagious. We felt like not only where we on a safari but we got to know the Maasi people and their beliefs and culture. ..We were blessed to see the Big Five...and knew this was an extraordinary treat.....The owners of NIL truly are the visionaries of wanting to employ and empower the local Maasi Mara people, be ecofriendly, use their organic garden for the meals, and design a unique safari experience. Their vision and special touches make this a very personal experience....for anyone wanting to celebrate a special occasion or want to make an ordinary vacation special...NIL will surpass your expectations...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ngerende Island Lodge has only 7 luxury en-suite canvas and wood suites all with raised platforms giving panoramic views of the Mara River and the woods on the opposite bank. Each suite has polished Mahogany floors (including the terrace) and is very spacious providing open plan sleeping and living area complete with wood fire, a separate bathroom providing both Villeroy & Boch massage shower, open air bath (if desired) hand wash basins and flushing toilet. Comfortable seating is provided both in the living area and on the terrace so that the true tranquility of the lodge can be best appreciated. The distance between each suite has been maximised to reduce any risk of disturbance that may be caused by other guests. There is one honeymoon suite isolated from the main lodge, has a private plunge pool and Jacuzzi and has stunning views of the Mara river. Lovely touches as flowers on the bed, fire in the suites, bubble bath with essential oil prepared by your personal butler, hot-water bottle set Ngerende Island Lodge apart from the rest providing a memorable experience. The lodge has been designed to complement the safari experience so as to give comfort, luxury and service naturally. There is an abundance of wildlife both on the Conservation Ranch and of course within the Masai Mara Game Reserve to include Lion, Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo, Hippos and many others. A feature of the Conservation Ranch is an exclusive project to rear the White Rhino so that they can take their place back in the Mara society to which they belong in greater numbers. Over 180 varieties of birds have been spotted within the lodge itself and there are 3 Hippo Pods strategically located around the lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Ngerende Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngerende Island Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Ngerende Island Lodge Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve