The rooms are great, tents are comfortable and hosts are good. Nelson and his team are friendly. Location is great, very near to the gate. Overall, you can really enjoy your stay here. However, our stay could have been better, we had many instances, which obviously disappointed us, given all the great reviews. First night, our shower broke down, there was no hot water. It took the team an hour to fix it up, we could do nothing but wait. There was atleast 2 instances when the food was short of requirement in term of quantity and we were left hungry, however the taste was good, Will(Cook) even extended to prepare a Vegetarian food. The safari's were great, however, I think probably the guide were new, they were referring to book to tell information about animals and birds. We went during the migration and the guide took us between hoards of animals which was wonderful experience. Next was the Masai village walk. Really, I think this was more made for tourist purposes. The sample hut, the shopping arena, and exaggerated prices, for anything you ask for. The owner, took us to Lake Nakuru and back to Airport, made us comfortable. I would look for other options next time I visit Masai Mara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oldarpoi Mara camp, is operated in partnership with the local Maasai community. The camp is concerned with the welfare of the local community .Our vision is to transform the local community, socially and economically.We support the Ole keene primary school with teacher's salaries, children sponsorship programs etc.The school has more than 300 children and we built classrooms for them including a rescue center unit to accommodate young girls running away from cultural practices such Female Genital Mutilation ( FGM ) and early marriage.We also plan to establish a community library which will include a learning center and conservation projects.Guests who would like to volunteer in any of our projects as part of a unique safari experience are highly encouraged to do so..This will make a difference to the community.The camp has permanent tents with beds, bedding, complete solar Water heating and lighting system, flush toilets and hot showers - all the trappings of home! We are also an accomplished safaris outfitter with best trained Maasai guides! We offer safaris and tours to different destinations throughout East Africa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Oldarpoi Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oldarpoi Maasai Safari Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Oldarpoi Mara Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve