We had a wonderful 4 day/3 night safari at Oldarpoi Mara Camp over Christmas and would highly recommend it. All of the camp employees were so kind and welcoming. Our whole family felt perfectly safe and comfortable during our stay. We had amazing game drives in the Masai Mara. We saw so many beautiful animals and it was such a restful, rejuvenating experience. We also visited the neighboring Masai village and that was also an amazing experience. Keep in mind, it is camping not a lodge. You do sleep in a tent so you should be prepared for a few bugs (though we never saw any mosquitos. yeah!:-)), no outlets in the tents and getting ready by flashlight for early morning game drives (there are electric lights in the evenings). But with nice beds and an attached private bathroom with shower, sink and flush toiliet--and maid service cleaning up immaculately each day, it was definitely the NICEST camping we've ever experienced. It rained nearly every night we were there but we stayed perfectly dry and comfortable. The nice concrete pathways between tents and the dining hall helped keep things neat and the tents are spread far enough apart to give some privacy.With two teenagers who eat frequently and a family of generally unadventurous eaters, we were a little concerned about how the food would be. Just to be safe, we packed a lot of snack foods in our luggage so we could supplement if needed. We ate very little of these snacks because the food at Oldarpoi was great! They cooked up large hot meals, three meals a day with enough choices to satisfy everyone's tastes. The whole family loved the food. Even the sack lunches they packed for our all-day game drive were impressive. Overall just a wonderful time. Would highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oldarpoi Mara camp, is operated in partnership with the local Maasai community. The camp is concerned with the welfare of the local community .Our vision is to transform the local community, socially and economically.We support the Ole keene primary school with teacher's salaries, children sponsorship programs etc.The school has more than 300 children and we built classrooms for them including a rescue center unit to accommodate young girls running away from cultural practices such Female Genital Mutilation ( FGM ) and early marriage.We also plan to establish a community library which will include a learning center and conservation projects.Guests who would like to volunteer in any of our projects as part of a unique safari experience are highly encouraged to do so..This will make a difference to the community.The camp has permanent tents with beds, bedding, complete solar Water heating and lighting system, flush toilets and hot showers - all the trappings of home! We are also an accomplished safaris outfitter with best trained Maasai guides! We offer safaris and tours to different destinations throughout East Africa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Oldarpoi Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oldarpoi Maasai Safari Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Oldarpoi Mara Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve