This was the sixth group of students that I have brought to Africa and hands down the safari with Nelson and Benson was the most beautiful thing I have ever done in all of my travels. Oldarpoi was sooo accommodating and Nelson answered all of my questions for four months leading up to the trip with the utmost patience and professionalism. We were a (large, loud and fun!!) group of 16 undergraduate and graduate students and the camp accommodated us with the greatest of ease for two nights and three days. The whole crew absolutely loved their time here with the staff and in the midst of the migration.
In addition, our group needed to end our trip in Ilkerin which was so far out of the way for Nelson and Benson to go since they had to return to Nairobi, however they delivered us safely to our project site with smiles on their faces. Simply awesome.
Favorite memories here include: 1. Our collective "wow's!!" and excitement over every single animal, 2. Jeremiah delivering a group member's cell phone that we had left behind, with his shuka flying in the wind on the motorbike, 3. Willy's awesome apron, 4. Trying Maasai wine with Nelson, 5. Looking a lioness in the eyes from three meters away (thanks Nelson, best seat in the car!!)
We will definitely be seeing Oldarpoi again in the near future!! Thank you guys!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oldarpoi Mara camp, is operated in partnership with the local Maasai community. The camp is concerned with the welfare of the local community .Our vision is to transform the local community, socially and economically.We support the Ole keene primary school with teacher's salaries, children sponsorship programs etc.The school has more than 300 children and we built classrooms for them including a rescue center unit to accommodate young girls running away from cultural practices such Female Genital Mutilation ( FGM ) and early marriage.We also plan to establish a community library which will include a learning center and conservation projects.Guests who would like to volunteer in any of our projects as part of a unique safari experience are highly encouraged to do so..This will make a difference to the community.The camp has permanent tents with beds, bedding, complete solar Water heating and lighting system, flush toilets and hot showers - all the trappings of home! We are also an accomplished safaris outfitter with best trained Maasai guides! We offer safaris and tours to different destinations throughout East Africa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Oldarpoi Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oldarpoi Maasai Safari Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Oldarpoi Mara Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve