We stayed at Ilkeliani camp in June 2013 for the last part of our honeymoon. We stayed in E1 with Verandah opening to the views of the mara plains. Large and comfortable tent located on the Talek River.The unfenced camp making us feel as part of the environment. The showers are excelllent with each tent haveing its own solar water heater The food is fresh and tasty with large servings. We looked forward to the camp fire drinks and meeting everyone after the safari.Charles and his team looked afer us and nothing was too much trouble.The full team at Ilkelaini camp did a fantastic Job and we would love to return in the near future
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a riverine forest in the Masai Mara Game Reserve, the area is a favourite for elephants coming to drink from the Talek River. Ilkeliani camp consists of only 17 tents, each commanding views of the plains and the wildlife action throughout the day. The tented rooms are raised up slightly on earth mounds, overlooking the river and the plains. These mounds are covered in vegetation, and feel quite natural, and each one has been sited under its own cluster of shady indigenous trees and you do feel like you are out in the wilderness. The camp now has a suspension bridge for easy access to the reserve for early game drives ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Ilkeliani Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ilkeliani Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Ilkeliani Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve