Stayed here on13-15 may 2013. After long winding drive we were greeted by the friendly staff with cold towel, just what i need after the long drive. After a quick cleanup we are served with outdoor lunch. Throughout the stay the staff was friendly and helpful. No charging plug in the room is the only thing i can complain about. It is understoodable though because the facility is only powered by solar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a riverine forest in the Masai Mara Game Reserve, the area is a favourite for elephants coming to drink from the Talek River. Ilkeliani camp consists of only 17 tents, each commanding views of the plains and the wildlife action throughout the day. The tented rooms are raised up slightly on earth mounds, overlooking the river and the plains. These mounds are covered in vegetation, and feel quite natural, and each one has been sited under its own cluster of shady indigenous trees and you do feel like you are out in the wilderness. The camp now has a suspension bridge for easy access to the reserve for early game drives ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Ilkeliani Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ilkeliani Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Ilkeliani Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve