“Awesome Holiday”

Dubai
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Holiday”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We are a family of five who last week returned from Kenya. It was awesome. We booked with Raylenne and they were sooo good- I really recommend them.

James our guide was always punctual and so experienced that we always got to the middle of action first with everyone else following. It was a really great holiday. We flew to Masai Mara to avoid the long drive but then drove to Lake Nakuru and on to Nairobi.

We have great memories of this trip and all went so smooth.
Jo

Visited July 2011

Southampton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“masai safari and samburu”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Holiday Oct 2010 We have just returned from the most fab holiday ever in the masai mara samburu the company we used was somak every thing was well orgernised and the driver could not do enough for us.Nothing was to much trouble.
the experiance started well and just got better and better.We had a suprise lunch by the masai river crossing and watched crocs and hippos below us. We felt very safe as we had a masai warrior and a man with a gun to keep us safe.We also did the balloon ride fab, We had an extra stop at lake naivashs not on are list. The drivers stop for us to go out in a boat. We walked with geraffe zebra imparla and lots more. Then back in the boat and the man looking after us in the boat called the fish eagle down. Didnt get a picture as to fast. Will have to go back and try again.We also stayed a week at the grand VOYAGER MOMBASA the hotel had lots to do if you wanted to. Accomidation was good and staff very feindly. Food good . You could also have Italian if you wanted..
I would like to thank Somak for the best holiday we have ever had and will be back. Thanks

Coventry, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Absolutly fantastic Safari”
Reviewed March 31, 2010

The Masai Mara Safari we did from 17th March-21stMarch 2010 was brilliant...there was alot of animals,even tho the wilderbeast/zebras had migrated we still saw alot,...and as for the accommadation it was truly great,we stayed at The Mara Intrepid (Heritage Safaris group), very clean,could not fault it at all,the staff was fantastic and made sure everything was perfect.a truly Safari to remember

Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Flexibility taken to new heights at this wonderful camp”
Reviewed February 2, 2010

I returned 5 days ago from my 3rd trip in 5 years to Kenya. This time I spent 6 nights at Alex Walker's Serian Camp in the Mara North Conservancy. I chose this camp because of all I'd heard about the flexibility given to visitors which was very important to me. You get your own 4x4 vehicle, guide and driver and structure the day as you like. I was out early every morning and some days we took breakfast and lunch. No meals packed in little cardboard boxes, but proper food spread out on the tail gate of the vehicle. Lovely, non pretentious meals which the 3 of us (my guide Daniel, driver Kimansi and me) shared along with some great conversation.
The camp itself is wonderful and is well integrated into the surrounding landscape and uses excellent eco-friendly principles. The camp has its' own vegetable garden so the food is wonderfully fresh and very varied.
The tents overlook the Mara River and are well appointed. No electricity in the tents which was a big PLUS for me as it gave a more authentic feel to the experience. Plenty of light, however, provided by a small solar lamp which I could read or write my journal by. Kero lanterns lit the pathways and a night watchman accompanied visitors to and from the tents at night. There is electricity for charging batteries near the communal gathering area.
I also spent 2 of the nights at the Nkorombo mobile tent which was set up in the Reserve also on the banks of the Mara River. I absolutely loved this camp which was in a beautiful and private setting. My tent was close to the river bank and I had great views of the hippo activity. Sitting around the camp fire under the stars laughing and sharing stories with the others was a highlight.
The owner and staff of Serian don't just pay lip service to their flexibility motto. I had total control over where we went and when. We explored the Reserve around the Musiara Marsh right down to the Tanzanian border, on another day we drove through the Triangle also down to the border and then we spent quite some time in the rejuvenated Mara North Conservancy.
As you would expect from the Mara we had great sightings, 56 individual lions, 3 leopards, 9 cheetahs, serval, rhino plus large numbers of other game. Many new born animals and low tourist numbers make it a great time to visit.
The guiding was fantastic and most of our best sightings were found by us and not shared with other vehicles except towards the end when we attracted another car. I don't think we had one sighting with more than 3 vehicles.

5 Thank twaffle
London
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Serian - as magcal as ever”
Reviewed August 29, 2009

My wife, son and I went back to Serian April 2009. (read my earlier review for details). Another great trip. Added attraction was that the resident leopard had two cubs. She is the daughter of "short tail" of Big Cat diary fame and is very used to humans. She is located within walking distance of the main camp and we saw her and her cubs each day. i have been on many safaris and leopard is always one of the most dfficult to see. We also saw plenty of lion, prey species. elephant and hippos - serian has a resident pod.

Alex Walker has also build a new tree house and a walk to it is great.

Serian is as magical as ever - great flexibility and opportunity to do what you want . A key advantage is that it is open through the year and does not shut for the rains like many other camps. Don't be put off by the rainy season - a quick shower and enoug time to enjoy the game.

3 Thank Safaribuff