I just returned from a two week stay to Africa where I was lucky enough to experience three different lodges on Safari and this was my favorite! With only 22 tents and a wonderful staff who really took the time to get to know me and make sure everything was just as I wished, I couldn't have dreamed of a better experience. Derrick, my waiter made sure to bring me refills of whatever I was drinking and even got me another entree because I couldn't make up my mind what to eat. The food was great! The massage in the open-air tent alongside the river was so memorable and felt amazing I even added on another treatment. The driver who picked me up from another camp and brought me to a Masai village where I danced with the women and men and then to a school where I was able to sing and read to the kids was one of the most unforgettable times of my life. This is what I think about daily and will never forget!!! I loved sitting around the campfire at night with visitors from all over the world and the staff who run a teaching kitchen for the local Masai. And, how the manager personally greets you and sits down with you to welcome you and then at the end of the day discusses your drives and answers any questions you have. I needed to change my flight and I was lucky enough that they set that up for me with ease and allowed me to have lunch too. I didn't want to leave :((((
The tent was huge and so comfortable. I loved the day bed on the porch and now wish I was sitting there watching the hippos, elephants, zebras and baboons all living their life while I was lucky enough to be privy enough to watch it! The outdoor shower in the sunlight is such a bonus too!!!! Just make sure to ask for a tent that is not too far from the main area because it can be a 10 minute walk.I forgot to mention I was traveling by myself and everyone made me feel so welcome!!!!!!!!
Thank you for my wonderful experience the staff at Karen Blixen Camp
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karen Blixen Camp in the Masai Mara offers an authentic ’yesteryear’ experience for visitors wishing to gain that little extra from their safari. Set on the bank of the Mara River; the location is spectacular. Throughout the day elephants, giraffes, zebras and impalas come for a drink while a large hippo pod rest lazily in the river. The Camp gives a feeling of the early 1920’s era with beautiful and comfortable furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Karen Blixen Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karen Blixen Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Karen Blixen Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve