I booked a flying package to Karen Blixen through Lets go Travel in Nairobi.
When we got there we were welcomed by the Maryanne (camp manager) and a very friendly receptionist called Sharon who gave us a brief overview of the camp.
The restaurant staff, Benson and Joe, were also very friendly and the service was fast and warm.
We were taken through the game drives by Masai guides, Peter and Nester, who are very experienced, fluent and humorous. They went the extra mile to ensure we enjoyed and comfortable.
IT WAS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karen Blixen Camp in the Masai Mara offers an authentic ’yesteryear’ experience for visitors wishing to gain that little extra from their safari. Set on the bank of the Mara River; the location is spectacular. Throughout the day elephants, giraffes, zebras and impalas come for a drink while a large hippo pod rest lazily in the river. The Camp gives a feeling of the early 1920’s era with beautiful and comfortable furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Orbitz so you can book your Karen Blixen Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karen Blixen Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Karen Blixen Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve