See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This camp has wonderful staff and provided excellent service. It was just what we needed after driving in from Nairobi. Massage after dinner was incredible and put me to sleep. Food was excellent and the accomodations were very private and comfortable. I only wish we had stayed longer.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2012

The Masai Mara itself is outstanding, but what made the real difference for our 6 days were the people at the Mara Timbo Camp! Every aspect of service and hospitality was very friendly and personal: meals were very nice, including some special request (try the local Ugali, it is an experience!), room service, laundry service, nights at the bar, massage, area guards, and last but not least the guiding on the safari trips (we were astonished what they spotted where we only saw grass). Any aspect of the infrastructure is very clean and perfect (bed, bathrooms, area), the team takes utmost care and tries to accommodate for any request. The camp is located in a conservation area next to the Masai Mara, therewith even the drive to the Camp itself is a safari already, you may explore unexpected animals, landscape and vegetation! And every meal at the Camp is unique, not only because of the great food that you enjoy under African skies (or stars during dinner), but also because the Hippos in the river right next to the lunch and dining area are always ready for a unique 'performance'.

Room Tip: I think it really does not matter which tent/house you choose, anyone is just great!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank olenana
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Mara Timbo blew our mind. went for long weekend with Friends and kids to run mara marathon. Marathon was horrifically organised (but stunning). Mara Timbo was brilliant. The tents are pure luxury, food was great, and the staff is absolutely unbelievable. Nothing is to much trouble, they entertained the kids every waking hour. Setting is on the Mara River, small camp - go you won't regret it.

Room Tip: All rooms a brilliant, we have 2 boys 8 and 6, so the family tent is perfect - own rooms!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank David W
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Mara Timbo is bush beautiful, has a tasteful feel and amazing staff. I loved the fact that you are served by one person from day one and this makes it so easy.I loved the bathtub outside the tent. Soaking after a game drive was amazing

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank patmuthoni
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I was very anxious about the camp, its location etc., but when we reached this camp, we were welcomed with warm towels and some cold refreshing drinks. The manager and others made us feel very welcome and lunch was arranged by the hippo pool. It was absolutely fantastic. And what can I say about the food. Awesome! I am a vegetarian and was wondering if I would have much choice and how would the food be, but special meals were served for me and it was fantastic. We were the only guests at that time, so I thought that there won't be a camp fire specially for us at the night. but I was wrong. When we reached the camp after an afternoon safari, we were led to the camp fire location and there was a table set up for us, for dinner. The sky was full of amazing shining stars. We also got a massage from Freya. She is a wonderful lady with a smile always on her face.

The camp itself is very spacious, clean with a very high standard of cleanliness. I loved the place and I'd highly recommend it. Although I must say that the road to the camp is rough and bumpy....but we got used to it and my 10yr old enjoyed the bumps! Wish I had stayed there longer, as we were booked only for 2 nights. I would've loved to spend a day just by the hippo pool lazing.

Room Tip: The room we had was by itself separate from all other rooms. And there are only 9-11 rooms. So makes the service that much personalized.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family