It was my first time in africa, first time in Kenya and i did not know what to expect. I was really surprised with what i saw. Tha camp is a couple of minutes away from the park. It is covered by trees and bushes but the place is really quite beautiful. The new general manager was accomodating and staff was very helpful. The lobby provided guests with free wifi and the prepared food was good. The rooms were perfect. Great room, very spacious, very clean, safe and well maintained. The lay out was excellent. Great bathrooms. The camp provided guests with short traditional dances from the masai which i think can be further improved by adding some order in the presentation. I wasnt sure if it was their first time to perform but it did feel a little bit unorganized. It was still very entertaining and masai were very accomodating. Great once in a lifetime experience for me .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Leisure, a Luxury Tented Camp nestled in the Maasai Mara Game Reserve. The camp is situated on the northern border of the game reserve and this makes all areas of the park accessible for game viewing. Our accommodation facilities include 1 exclusive honeymoon tent, 8 spacious jumbo tents, 17 standard “nyati” tents and 3 family “jamii” cottages. With these, all social groups are adequately catered for. You will have the chance to meet the local Maasai community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Mara Leisure Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Leisure Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Leisure Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve