Traveled to Kenya from Indiana in August 2009 with 27 other missionary minded Christians...half of the group stayed in the urban slum area of Nairobi, and the other lot of us stayed in the Maasai Mara area to bring clean water/medical needs to the tribal villages....of course, being on a missionary trip, you never know what has been arranged for housing/food. If I had known that I would be staying at the MARA LEISURE CAMP...I would have come sooner than 2009. First of all, we were greeted warmly by the drivers who met us at the airstrip, after a short plane ride from Nairobi...very attentive and friendly. We basically got SAFARI trip along the route to the camp...saw leopard being treed by some lions...once we got to the camp, the staff carried our luggage to our separate tents...now, these are no ordinary tents...FULL DELUXE tents with separate beds, dressers,and bathrooms complete with showers...DELUXE!! (Now mind you...the showers often times ran with cold water...but remember you are on a safari here...not downtown CHICAGO or Los Angeles...to me, as a missionary,..I was delighted) the food...?? Again, I was blown away...DELUXE..and all you cared to eat..buffet style...NO COMPLAINTS...they even had milk for me (my favorite)!! My favorite server was JOSEPH (who still works there today...ask for him by name..he is a "friend" of mine) ...OUTSTANDING SERVICE...Brian was also one of my favorite servers...and TINA at the front desk also was impressive. I just learned that Joseph and Tina have wed since I last saw them..Congratulations!! What a team they will make!! I can hardly wait until I will be able to go back and visit with all of my Mara friends again..this time I will be taking my whole family!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Leisure, a Luxury Tented Camp nestled in the Maasai Mara Game Reserve. The camp is situated on the northern border of the game reserve and this makes all areas of the park accessible for game viewing. Our accommodation facilities include 1 exclusive honeymoon tent, 8 spacious jumbo tents, 17 standard “nyati” tents and 3 family “jamii” cottages. With these, all social groups are adequately catered for. You will have the chance to meet the local Maasai community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Mara Leisure Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Leisure Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Leisure Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve