We were treated warmly by all the staff. Receptions handled well by the beautiful Masai Tina, her husband Joseph looked out for our needs dining, and Chef Joseph provided us with excellent and creative foods. Best we had in Africa. We were treated to a kitchen tour by the Chef and was very pleased with what we saw. Staff made every efforts to meet any desires or requests we made.
Our tents were wonderful, large,comfortable and almost elegant . I could have stayed for weeks.
The Camp treated us to special things which may not always be available. One night we had an outside barbeque under torches and with a bonfire. We also had the pleasure of the camp setting up a bar on the Masai for us one evening at the end of our Safari. Snacks and drinks at no charge and an armed guard to keep the hyenas and jackals away. The game drive itself was fantastic with more animals of all types than i could have dreamed of. Lions galore, beautiful giraffes and elephants. Gorgeous scenery. We actually saw and lion kill and a leopard kill!
A tribe of Masai men joined us at the hotel lobby after dinner to show us their dances and we returned the favor by teaching them the traditional American wedding dance, the Hokey-Pokey! Great fun for all!
All the staff from the general manager to the gift shop operator did their best to welcome us as family.
On the down side - of course the roads to the camp are horrible! I can only imagine with fear what the rainy season must be like! Not the Camps fault.
The pathways to the tents need work desperately - i felt unsafe walking them especially at night. Rock paths in poor shape.
It is a tent safari camp so hotel amenities are in keeping with the camp. Generators for electricity are cut off at times. No fans, we did get a bit warm but a dip in the pool takes care of that.
I would recommend this camp to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Leisure, a Luxury Tented Camp nestled in the Maasai Mara Game Reserve. The camp is situated on the northern border of the game reserve and this makes all areas of the park accessible for game viewing. Our accommodation facilities include 1 exclusive honeymoon tent, 8 spacious jumbo tents, 17 standard “nyati” tents and 3 family “jamii” cottages. With these, all social groups are adequately catered for. You will have the chance to meet the local Maasai community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Jovago.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Mara Leisure Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Leisure Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Leisure Camp Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve