“An Affordable Italian in Nairobi”

Mediterraneo Ristorante
Ranked #45 of 564 Restaurants in Nairobi
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mediterraneo Ristorante at The Junction is a secluded yet lively spot, bringing the shopping centre's vibrant, modern atmosphere together with a quaint Italian décor and - of course - excellent food. This branch features two floors, each with al fresco dining areas, perfect for a quick lunch, a long meal to catch up with friends or a romantic evening date. Our Junction branch also boasts some unique special offers, allowing you to enjoy more of the authentic Italian experience we strive to recreate.
Flic En Flac
“An Affordable Italian in Nairobi”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Ate here for the first time in September, and I have been back 3 times. Why? The food is consistently good, fresh, well cooked and well presented. Osso Bucco is great, and their seafood dishes are also very good. Sad to see no veal escalope, but guess hard to source in Nairobi.

Food prices are reasonable, but the wine list is pricey, and the prices for good wines exponential.

One act which both impressed me and really pleased me - I paid on my first visit by UK credit caed, but forgot to take card with bill. Realised the next day, rang them, and then confirmed they had my card safe and sound. Don't believe all the bad stories about Nairobi!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great Mediterranean Food”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Great atmosphere, outdoors, indoors or upstairs. Extremely attentive staff and knowledgable management. The homemade pasta is amazing. Both vegetarian and regular options were tasty! Decent wine selection and good desserts and coffees. Will be back!

New York
“Overpriced, but decent food”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Service was very slow even though the restaurant was rather empty.

Food: Bread was good. The ravioli with spinach & ricotta was delicious, if a little cold. Portion size was fine for lunch, and left room in the tummy for dessert! My friend had the prime fillet steak, which was tender, and she thought the portion size was fine. Dessert was delicious, and almost too good to eat: tiramisu and Sicilian cassata! The blooming tea was refreshing, and the child at the next table was so fascinated with the flower that we fished it out of the glass in a delicate operation involving toothpicks, and gave it to him!

Outrageous to pay $70 equivalent for lunch for two, with no alcohol!

The outdoor seating on the top floor was nice, but the tables were a little too close for comfort.

Loos were clean ... perhaps this should be a category to rate - a delicate subject, but quite important!

• Visited August 2013
Calgary, Alberta
“Excellent food and service!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had a lovely Italian meal here. Restaurant has a lovely ambiance and the service was very good. We had no concern over portion size as we were all unable to have dessert as our entrees were large. We were a party of three and shared one appetizer and then each had an entree so were surprised to read someone thought portions small. We all had pasta dishes. There was a large variety of vegetarian choices for the one in our group. Enjoyed everything we ordered and thought the food was excellent!

Nairobi, Kenya
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“5 pieces of ravioli for Kshs. 1,300!!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Ridiculously small portions. I am a 5''1 lady who doesn't need to eat much but you can imagine my surprise when I ordered the Ravioli with Spinach and Ricotta to only get FIVE pieces of the pasta on my plate - and that's a meal without any meat.

Someone I was with ordered the lamb chops, which was about the same price as my pasta, and although he found that portion small, at least the food filled his plate.

Imagine if this 6''9/75 KG male companion I was with had been the one who had ordered my pasta!

And the Manager was completely unhelpful. When we complained that the portion of the pasta was too small, he simply said "But they should have put five pieces, did they put less than that?" When I pointed out that that was exactly the problem - that five pieces was too little, he promised to escalate the matter with the Chef but we never got any feedback.

Stay away from the pasta - portions are too small. Order a meal with a lot of meat to get your money's worth.

• Visited September 2013