“Great Chicken Tikas”

Ranked #8 of 691 Restaurants in Nairobi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

If you are in the know of what a Kenyan chicken tika is, then this is one of the places you should go to in Nairobi.

Chicken tika has evolved from North Indian Punjabi tandoori chicken yet in Kenya we do it differently. And if I may say so myself, we do it better!

Chargrilled spicy marinated chicken served with shredded salad, tamarind sauce, coconut chutney and hot sauce, accompanied by naan. The chicken is very good, eventhough my favourite in Nairobi would be at Shabana. The naan, as with all tika places, is not a real Punjabi naan, rather thick white flat bread, but it goes well together. Add an order of mix (kebabs and mishkaki) as well as masala chips and you've got a glorious feast.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

If you love Indian/Pakistani barbecue - this is a must go place. Casual, relaxed, reasonably priced and amazing value for money. Treat your gluttony for flesh here.

1  Thank Nimish H
Reviewed December 27, 2012

i loved the food but the take away packing put me off, maybe if i had sat down and eaten there they would have gotten a 5 star rating.

1  Thank MuthoniKabugua
Reviewed December 16, 2012

In Nairobi the first week of December and wanted to try some Indian food and based on the reviews in TA, I picked this restaurant and I am glad I did. While the ambiance is not the greatest, everything else was super. The food was excellent, the wait staff was very nice, Watumba I think his name was was so sincere and humble, it was a joy of have him serve me. Had lamb chops, the vegetable rice, and fresh nan. And then had the ice cream and it was so good, I had to order a second helping of the pistachio. Location was fine, it always amazes me a little that when a restaurant is in a mall location, the amount of parking available is so minimal.

On my next trip to Nairobi, I will be sure to visit here again.

Jim from Minnesota

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Eat in, Takeaway or delivery. Food is always tasty and fresh and can order mild medium or hot all watered down with cold passion juice!