“Simply the best Indian/Pakistani Barbecue in Nairobi”

Hashmi`s Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 593 Restaurants in Nairobi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

If you love Indian/Pakistani barbecue - this is a must go place. Casual, relaxed, reasonably priced and amazing value for money. Treat your gluttony for flesh here.

1  Thank Nimish H

Reviewed December 27, 2012

i loved the food but the take away packing put me off, maybe if i had sat down and eaten there they would have gotten a 5 star rating.

1  Thank MuthoniKabugua
Reviewed December 16, 2012

In Nairobi the first week of December and wanted to try some Indian food and based on the reviews in TA, I picked this restaurant and I am glad I did. While the ambiance is not the greatest, everything else was super. The food was excellent, the wait staff was very nice, Watumba I think his name was was so sincere and humble, it was a joy of have him serve me. Had lamb chops, the vegetable rice, and fresh nan. And then had the ice cream and it was so good, I had to order a second helping of the pistachio. Location was fine, it always amazes me a little that when a restaurant is in a mall location, the amount of parking available is so minimal.

On my next trip to Nairobi, I will be sure to visit here again.

Jim from Minnesota

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Eat in, Takeaway or delivery. Food is always tasty and fresh and can order mild medium or hot all watered down with cold passion juice!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Hashmi boasts of being the place to be for chicken tikka, which is what I had when I visited. However what was supposedly mildly spiced was too hot to handle, thankfully the excellent tangerine juice ( a must have) helped the food go down. The naan is frankly very bland (even the butter naan), the service is slow, the food took over 15 minutes to be served. The ambience is lacking, noisy place, with glaring lights-not a great place for a date. Aside from the excellent tangerine juice the visit was not worth it.