Hotel Kipepeo
Kima Hotel(Nairobi)
Diamond Hotel(Nairobi)
Decasa Hotel(Nairobi)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Don't stay here. Check the rooms before you pay. The room are extremely small. you have only a few fewer between the wall and the bed. The rooms are not very clean. We were pushed into this hotel by a cab driver when we arrived early in the morning tired and exhausted. This was not the hotel we wanted to stay at but it appears the the cab driver was getting kick backs for our stay. The driver said the hotel we wanted to stay at was full. After a short nap and a bad breakfast at the hotel restaurant we checked out and booked a room at the original hotel we wanted to stay at. I would rate my experience as terrible and recommend that you first check the room before paying.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 8, 2012

It is a very good value for money hotel. It's in Central Business District so its close to KICC, etc.The staff, all of them - Winrose, Shilla, Chris, Mark, Evans, Felix, Lucy, etc etc.., are amazing! Thanks for making our stay great. They are very helpful. We stayed there from March 27 - April 6th and had no problems there. The restaurant downstairs is nice with some live performances in the week. Breakfast, I personally felt was okay. Could be better! I did like their masala chips though.

One negative though is that it is located on River Road, and at night it's not safe to venture out walking by yourself. Hence, you have to take cabs which can hurt your pocket. But then again, we had a cab hired all day till late night everyday of our stay there as we went for business so had to travel around, hence, for us we never had any issues.

All and all, great staff, good rooms, value for money.

Room Tip: Room 51. Its spacious than other rooms and is on the backside, hence quiet. Although its on the 3rd floor and with no elevator you will have to walk all the way everyday.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank masandrahul
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I always have lunch here whilst in town as they make local foods to my liking, the hotel is very clean and the service very good, the restaurant has a balcony hence you can see what happens in the streets of downtown Nairobi.

The rooms are spacious, beds comfy actually for a budget hotel you will be very impressed by the level of their cleanliness and good service.
However the location of the hotel makes it insecure to access it at Night past 10pm but as long as you inthe confinement of the hotel by the then you safe.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the street for a peaceful night [matatus hooting and all}
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kenyasafariss
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I was looking for a hotel where Riverside shuttle (to Moshi) can pick me up for free in Nairobi. The price was reasonable for single (USD50). I emailed the hotel and got a confirmation before I left home, and there was no trouble when checking in. Some parts of the room looked tired, but what I needed (bed, toilet, shower) were fine and clean. The staff were very kind and helpful. I had a good language lesson and enjoyed ugari tasting at the restaurant. The reception guy helped me when the shuttle company forgot to send a driver to pick me up in the morning (almost missed the bus). It was only one night, so I did not walk around outside. But my impression was that when all the road work around the area finished, the access to the city centre would be safer and easier. Anyway, I appreciated the staff's cooperation.

Room Tip: I forgot my room number but mine was not facing a busy main street, so it was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Staying at Kipepeo Hotel was absolutely the right decision. They offer one of the best prices for what you get. And in town, it is getting difficult to find reasonable prices for middle-class hotels.
I stayed in a single-room, facing the main road. The only disturbing thing about that hotel side is that opposite, there is a Church-preacher’s hall, where meetings are held from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon. And this man is not just preaching, but typically African shouting out his words via microphone and in stereo! Plus, there is a kind of discotheque/club close to the hotel, which is quite loud on weekends, as well. So if you need to sleep, watch the windows are closed!
Still, the commodities, like free internet-access in all rooms (though with connection problems sometimes), like the very good breakfast buffet and a welcoming, helpful and friendly staff.
Taking into account that the area around River Road has changed, since police presence has increased, there is no more reason to avoid that quarter. I always felt safe coming back to the hotel, regardless of the time day and night.
In total, I can recommend the hotel, as prices are good, and quality and cleanness is fine. Just the noise is disturbing sometimes.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo