“A fantastic hotel - they even returned my lost mobile phone!”
Review of Hotel Kipepeo

Hotel Kipepeo
Ranked #118 of 164 Hotels in Nairobi
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A fantastic hotel - they even returned my lost mobile phone!”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My husband and I and our 6 month old baby stayed here in March 2011 for one night en route to Tanzania.
Our room was clean and spacious, with a huge mosquito net and bed - perfect to unwind in after a long haul day time flight. The reception and porter staff were very helpful, friendly and efficient - particularly noting that we had a small baby. There were no disturbances and we all slept really well.
Breakfast was basic but completely fine and what you'd expect for the price. I find it a bit odd that people want to jet across to Africa and expect a full English breakfast in any case, but never mind...!
Anyway, we left the hotel in a rush to catch our bus to Tanzania and just as we were leaving the Nairobi suburbs I realised that I had left my mobile phone under my pillow in our room (a real panic, particularly when you're far away with a small baby). My husband managed to speak to the shuttle bus driver who phoned the hotel manager, and he personally went up to our room and confirmed that he had my phone. It was then arranged that the phone would be put on a shuttle the very next day and brought to Moshi... which is exactly what happened and my phone was safely returned to me.
I'd really recommend this hotel as a safe, clean budget option, and I'm hugely thankful that they helped us out.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank laura k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Stayed here for a night in July 2011.

Accommodation is basic, and my room was ventilated by a fan. Windows open to the staircase leading up to the rest of the levels in the hotel, and it was almost impossible to sleep with the consistent flow of guests.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank jakehyr
Zeeland, Michigan
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Hotel Kipepeo was a fine place to stay in Nairobi. We found the room to be spacious enough and clean. The breakfast (included) in the morning provided sufficient choices and filled us up. A staff person even volunteered to walk us six blocks to catch a bus as we would not have known how to get there ourselves. It was a good value.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AZB12
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Wow..just, wow. The room was very expensive for the ghetto. Dirty sheets, bug net did not even cover both beds. No hot water in the room. I told the staff there was no hot water and all I got was an apology. I exited my room at 3am and found a staff member right outside my door which made me very uncomfortable. I exited the room at 4am to find another staff member stalking my room. My Mother was staying in the room next door. I knocked on her door and the stalking staff member was about 3 inches from me listening to me talk to my mother. To call it a flea bag motel is an understatement. It was down right creepy.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Tsampley

Travelers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I spent one night in the Kipepeo hotel thinking that a 3 star hotel could not be so bad but I was wrong. Our toilett was broken, the sheets were not so clean and the breakfast was pretty poor. So you should really only stay there if you look for a very economic option in Nairobi

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Juliavmd
Hodgenville, Kentucky
Reviewed January 29, 2011

My duties have me traveling around the world and staying in hotels all year round. Thus over the years, I have developed a great sense and taste for GREAT HOTELS. And I must confess that Hotel Kipepeo has become my best hotel in Africa. For three years now, my guests and I have never been disappointed by our choice of Hotel Kipepeo. At Kipepeo, I feel at home away from home. The hotel offers both international and local tastes/quality of everything—relaxation, security, food, adventure—you name it. I love their tidy, modern, and spacious rooms, their affordable prices, excellent foods, friendly and professional staff, free internet, and of course, Kipepeo’s perfect location in Nairobi. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Nairobi. It is simply the best out there! Thank you Hotel Kipepeo! Keep up the good work! Thanks, Daktari, USA.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank ChuckMaju
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Considering it is in the city center for such a price it is good... They do their best to keep it clean and u are warned about theft... The staff are friendly and warm..it would be your ideal place for traveling cheap in Nairobi! Viva kipepo!
Rachel J