“Best Coffee House in Kenya”
Review of Java House

Java House
Ranked #9 of 583 Restaurants in Nairobi
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2013

There is nothing as good as having that perfect cup of coffee. Java house just did that by serving me the best cup of joe, that I hadn't for a while. It has a very cozy ambiance and it is quite trendy to say the least. I had a great fun with my click of friends and it is a joint that you would love to frequent quite often. The cool thing is that they have shops situated all over the country and you can enjoy the same quality at all of their shops. over all this is a great meeting place.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Java House is part of a chain & you will find them in all the big shopping centres as well as on the street. They open early & close late.
The service can be a little on the slow side but it's worth the wait for the coffee! You will find a lot of the ex-pat community as well as the business people & tourists.
The breakfast combo is good vlaue & beef bacon is a thinly sliced piece of beef with fried or grilled like bacon, hence the name!)
Please be prepared to share your table!
Not badly priced but please check your change before you leave; I was always being short changed....

Reviewed January 7, 2013

If you find yourself in Nairobi pop into one of the many Java House outlets. My favourite is at ABC Place, i guess as it is the one I frequent most, and the one at Junction is also higly recommended. Good food, good coffee, juices etc. Whether it is a breakfast omelette, lunch or a fuller meal in the evening Jave will likely have something for you and at a reasonable price for the extremely good quality of the food.

At each Jave House I've been too each member of staff has been very helpful, polite, yet never overbearing.

A wonderful place to eat, meet with friends or to hold meetings. A perfect place to chill out.......and it has free wifi!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went to Java House with a group of five for lunch yesterday. My chicken pesto sandwich was okay. We ordered a bottle of water for the table but they only brought one glass so I had to ask for more.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went here on our recent visit to Nairobi by recommendation of my sister, who knows Nairobi well.

We were at The Junction Mall. They are dotted around the city, but my sister said this one was the prettiest, with a beautiful outside terrace, with good seating and umbrellas, set back from the road, by quite a bit, so nice and serene (yes, even in Nairobi, you can get serene!!)

We had paninis and steak, all fantastic and the FRESHLY prepared mango juice was amazing!

The coffee was great too, very smooth and not at all bitter. Kenya grows some of the best in the world, and all java houses coffee is Kenyan fair trade, using ? I think, single origin beans.

Would definitely reccommend!