WINNER WONDERLAND

Java House
Ranked #9 of 512 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: American, African, Cafe, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Java House Nairobi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

If you find yourself in Nairobi pop into one of the many Java House outlets. My favourite is at ABC Place, i guess as it is the one I frequent most, and the one at Junction is also higly recommended. Good food, good coffee, juices etc. Whether it is a breakfast omelette, lunch or a fuller meal in the evening Jave will likely have something for you and at a reasonable price for the extremely good quality of the food.

At each Jave House I've been too each member of staff has been very helpful, polite, yet never overbearing.

A wonderful place to eat, meet with friends or to hold meetings. A perfect place to chill out.......and it has free wifi!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Oakland, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Solid sandwich”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went to Java House with a group of five for lunch yesterday. My chicken pesto sandwich was okay. We ordered a bottle of water for the table but they only brought one glass so I had to ask for more.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
london
“Great coffee and freshly prepared food and juices (oh the mango juice!)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went here on our recent visit to Nairobi by recommendation of my sister, who knows Nairobi well.

We were at The Junction Mall. They are dotted around the city, but my sister said this one was the prettiest, with a beautiful outside terrace, with good seating and umbrellas, set back from the road, by quite a bit, so nice and serene (yes, even in Nairobi, you can get serene!!)

We had paninis and steak, all fantastic and the FRESHLY prepared mango juice was amazing!

The coffee was great too, very smooth and not at all bitter. Kenya grows some of the best in the world, and all java houses coffee is Kenyan fair trade, using ? I think, single origin beans.

Would definitely reccommend!

Maun, Botswana
“great coffee and great attitude”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Whenever I'm flying via Nairobi, I have to get a coffee at the Java outlet in the airport. It's great coffee. Before my last Masai Mara safari in December, i stopped for two days in Nairobi for some sightseeing. Since it was raining we went to dry off and for a little lunch to the nearby Galleria shopping mall in Karen. We went straight to the Java coffee house and ordered some sandwiches. I had a cheese quesadilla which to my surprise was also full of coriander. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of it so I looked a bit disappointed. The waitress immedialtely asked if something was not to my liking and I explained. She took the quesadilla with a smile and said she will get a new one without any coriander. The new one took not long, and the waitress shortly after serving came back toassure if I was happy. I was really surprised by the positivie attitude and that they replaced the item without any debate. Thanks!

Port Charlotte, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Kenya coffee, melt-in-your-mouth croissants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

After a week on safari with good but not great (dark) coffee, Java House was heaven! And.... (my standards for croissants are high; I've lived in France), the almond croissant was bliss.

Visited December 2012