“Great coffee and freshly prepared food and juices (oh the mango juice!)”
Review of Java House

Java House
Ranked #8 of 564 Restaurants in Nairobi
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
london
“Great coffee and freshly prepared food and juices (oh the mango juice!)”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went here on our recent visit to Nairobi by recommendation of my sister, who knows Nairobi well.

We were at The Junction Mall. They are dotted around the city, but my sister said this one was the prettiest, with a beautiful outside terrace, with good seating and umbrellas, set back from the road, by quite a bit, so nice and serene (yes, even in Nairobi, you can get serene!!)

We had paninis and steak, all fantastic and the FRESHLY prepared mango juice was amazing!

The coffee was great too, very smooth and not at all bitter. Kenya grows some of the best in the world, and all java houses coffee is Kenyan fair trade, using ? I think, single origin beans.

Would definitely reccommend!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Maun, Botswana
“great coffee and great attitude”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Whenever I'm flying via Nairobi, I have to get a coffee at the Java outlet in the airport. It's great coffee. Before my last Masai Mara safari in December, i stopped for two days in Nairobi for some sightseeing. Since it was raining we went to dry off and for a little lunch to the nearby Galleria shopping mall in Karen. We went straight to the Java coffee house and ordered some sandwiches. I had a cheese quesadilla which to my surprise was also full of coriander. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of it so I looked a bit disappointed. The waitress immedialtely asked if something was not to my liking and I explained. She took the quesadilla with a smile and said she will get a new one without any coriander. The new one took not long, and the waitress shortly after serving came back toassure if I was happy. I was really surprised by the positivie attitude and that they replaced the item without any debate. Thanks!

Port Charlotte, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Kenya coffee, melt-in-your-mouth croissants”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

After a week on safari with good but not great (dark) coffee, Java House was heaven! And.... (my standards for croissants are high; I've lived in France), the almond croissant was bliss.

Visited December 2012
Nairobi, Kenya
“Business Coffee House”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is a good place for all business discussions for individuals. It is well located, placed and roomy for all what one would need for a nice business discussion. The Coffee is fresh and well prepared to taste.

Kitchener, Canada
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have rarely been so impressed overall with a place as I have with Java Coffee House, no matter which one I have been to in Nairobi. Great atmosphere, an impressive variety of good-tasting food, excellent coffee, and fantastic customer service! My wife and I once made the mistake of arriving during the extremely busy lunch hour at the Yaya Centre Java Coffee House. No tables were available but the waitresses arranged for us to just sit for a few minutes at a table occupied by another client who agreed to let us use a couple of empty chairs. Within a short period, we had our own comfortable booth and enjoyed another good meal. Highest recommendations!

Visited December 2012