“Worth a visit”

Ranked #1 of 25 Coffee & Tea in Nairobi
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I might be a little biased because I'd been traveling around rural Africa for months before I came here, and it was so blissful to me to have bagels, good coffee, and lots of healthy variety. I'd definitely go back! It's comparable to Panera's or Starbucks, except maybe with more options and more restraurant-y.

1  Thank ladynomad2011

Reviewed November 28, 2011

You must go for some coffee at Java house, they are everywhere! Miss my mornings having breakfast there... They also sell coffee beans so you can take home. There is one Java house at the airport as well, always go and wait there for my flight. Even if you can access the business lounge, don't do it (it's one of the worst I've seen!), wait at Java house

1  Thank Keli_SA
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Was in JKA airport on 14th Nov 2011 waiting to board and decided to buy a pie before flying out.When i went to Java near Gate 14 i found one customer lady near paying counter,settling for what she requested.I stood on right hand of counter and removed cash from pocket and after 10 - 15 second i realized the lady serving(carol 154) was not picking my cash or order and was asking some customers who came behind me what they wanted.I told her i needed a chicken pie and she angrily told me she was serving those who came behind me.I told her i came before them and therefore should be served before them...as frequent traveler i was so angrily of this treatment.............My conclusion was that white skinned people are given preferential treatment in Java restaurants......over dark skinned......and will therefore stop visiting Java in airport restaurant and most certainly he one i frequent near Gigiri......

4  Thank Wilfred K
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We were in Kenya this summer. This location was close to where we stayed and we visited the Java House several times a week! We loved the service and the food and coffee!

1  Thank omar z
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We had a great lunch at the Java House. I ordered a streak that was done well but too much for me to eat. The guys at my table fought over who got to finish it. The prices were resonable and the service fine.

1  Thank Ann N