“Nice break from Afcican cuisine.”
Review of Java House

Java House
Ranked #1 of 26 Coffee & Tea in Nairobi
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Every time I get to Nairobi I call into Java House for breakfast or sometimes in the aftrenoon for a coffee with a newspaper. I like to explore various types of foods when travelling and don't mind eating traditional food for days on and on, but in the end it is a welcoming change to eat something familiar in a great atmosphere. Great cofee which you can buy ground in a bag to take home. Meals are light but very tasty. Staff excellent.

2  Thank Krakonosh

Reviewed September 21, 2011

Really good food and drinks. Free WiFi (somedays when it is overcrowded they close wifi for one hour, so be aware!)

2  Thank MmeJeannette
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I spent a semester in Kenya in 1999. Java House was in its beginning stages and became our go to place when we were homesick and wanted some American style coffee and snacks to get us through those occasional tough days (American products weren't quite as widely available 12 years ago as they are now - I was amazed to find Diet Coke in so many places on my most recent trip). It was also a great place for meetings and studying after class. I made a few trips there on my next trip back in 2001. I hadn't visited Kenya in 10 years and finally made it back this past January. I was very happy to find the Adams Arcade location still recognizable and delighted to see that the company is doing so well because I have such fond memories. I was thrilled to be able to bring my husband there (his first trip to Kenya) to give him a little bit about my time there 12 years ago. The coffee is decent, though not amazing. Food is also pretty good. I remember the breakfasts being similar to good diner food in the States (well, the northeast anyway), though we did not eat breakfast there this past trip. Scones were decent. Again, glad to see they're doing well.

2  Thank wraar
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Java has excellent coffee, and My husband and I enjoy being there be it for meals [ his favorite being mashed potatoes and pan fried chicken fillet personally I adore their steak and their salads] also like like their smoothies.
Their servings are big and food appetising, excellent service ......there is soo much to say about java and its always in a very convinient location, they have lots of restaurants in Nairobi . I recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank Kenyasafariss
Reviewed July 30, 2011

After having travelled all over Kenya for three weeks, we were delighted to have lunch at the end of our trip at Java Coffee House where we had a great choice of western food. Fresh, cooked well and great variety. Reasonably priced too. Hamburgers were great. When it's crowded, they ask you to share tables and we met a lovely student from England there. No stomach problems either after the food especially since we did have some issues during our three week stay.