“The best place in Nairobi”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cedars

Cedars
Ranked #70 of 544 Restaurants in Nairobi
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Lisbon, Portugal
“The best place in Nairobi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I dream of this place. I dream of the vegetarian mezze (I haven't been able to expand beyond that). The location is hell in traffic (and when is there not traffic???) and the ambience is meh (i.e. not worth it for all that traffic) BUT being the best place in Nairobi, they deliver. Allow a good hour for delivery. Watch out that the mezze are enormous. It is over-priced but with so little competition, it's worth it to suck it up and pay.

• Visited September 2013

• Arabic first
Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
“So-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I found the place to be neither bad nor fancy, just in-between. Because the things that made me happy balanced with those that I found wanting.

And let me start with the cons because I know that's either why you are reading this review, or that's what many people want to hear. I count myself in the second part of that crowd. I also wouldn't want you to leave too soon...

Drove in with nobody out there to guide through the painfully squeezed, tight and tiny parking lot. No directions to show "enter here" or "exit herein". That was compunded by waiters staring blankly when I walked in not offering a place to place my tired bum on nor ushering in. I partly blame the shorts and slippers that I was putting on for all that unwelcome feeling

Got a seat and after a few (read 3) minutes, a tired looking waiter came buy with on-the-house snacks, as he took our orders. Pretty quick in serving up the orders perhaps because I decided to go for the chef's special.

The "freshly squeezed orange juice", however, must have come out of a tree that bears packets of orange juice because the only place that juice must have been squeezed out of aint no orange but a tetra pak. It had no natural taste and was sedimenting like sandy water.

The food rations were generous I should say. So generous that I couldn't finish and asked them to put the left-overs for me in a foil. The foil was provided after 20 minutes of asking for it.

Price? A bit too steep for what was served though. It was not an out-of-this-world flavour so I didn't expect the number on the bill. I for once thought that the voluptuous waiter was offering me her phone number only that the shilling sign before the number jolted me from my drooly ogle.

• Visited November 2013
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Must try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

What a gem!!!The food is great.I love all dishes on the menu.Delicious and very soft Felafel,tasty hummus and fresh pita bread.We ordered Mezze for two and really enjoyed every items of that.Another plus is the helpful staffs.I'll certainly be back. I recommend this everyone.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank pooja p
Nairobi
“Large portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Beware of ordering too much. The portions are substantial and very filling. However, I ordered fish skewers for the main course but the fish was overcooked and tasteless. I was given a grilled snapper to replace it, but that too was overcooked. However, my companion ordered another fish course and that was tasty and well presented. The mezzes are fresh and tasty. It is probably the best Lebanese style restaurant in Nairobi.

The restaurant has quite a nice ambiance and the service has improved since our last visit some months ago. The wine list also seems to have improved but the wines are on the pricey side. The restaurant as ample car parking.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank DrDuncanBerry
Nairobi, Kenya
“Nice Mezze”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

A nice place for some authentic lebanese Mezze. It has a air-castle and for children. The staff is friendly.

Visited October 2013