“Delicious food with beautiful décor”

Mediterraneo Ristorante, Westlands
Ranked #65 of 572 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mediterraneo Ristorante at 9 West is a sophisticated dining option in the heart of Westlands, featuring custom Italian furniture, classic Vespa scooters and a stretch of stunning Fornasetti wallpaper. An impressive venue for business meetings and casual meals at any time, it is our only branch that serves breakfast and stays open till late. Mediterraneo is dedicated to creating an authentic Italian dining experience, with traditional dishes, exclusive imported wines and a uniquely genuine atmosphere.
Reviewed March 28, 2014

When we lived in Nairobi, we often visited Mediterraneo at its former location. The new restaurant is stunning. The elegant décor manages to be slick and modern as well as warm and romantic. The outdoor seating is perfect for a group or an intimate dinner. There is enough space between the tables to allow for private conversations without feeling too isolated from the energy of the restaurant. We started with bruschetta, crostini with sweet pepper, and crostini with mushrooms. The starters were extremely flavorful. For my main, I had the ravioli with butter and sage sauce. The dish was tasty, but the sauce lacked the nuttiness of a classic brown butter sauce. The other people at my table really enjoyed their dishes. (They just don’t like telling me about them for reviews. Smile.) Mediterraneo has a great menu. There are many options for meat eaters and vegetarians. If you are in the Westlands area or want to travel for a nice meal, I highly recommend this restaurant for both its food and ambience.

There are newer reviews for Mediterraneo Ristorante, Westlands

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We dined here because the restaurant was close to the hotel where we were staying. I only wished we had discovered Mediterraneo earlier. The pasta dishes were outstanding, service was excellent, and we very much enjoyed outside on the terrace. I'd love to return and explore some more of the menu.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We were a large party and had several children from an orphanage in Malindi with us. The kids were treated like kings and queens and were in heaven! Huge portions of delicious grilled chicken, 'chips' (french fries), and veggies made their day. Adults ordered an array of incredible pizzas, salads, and pastas. Each portion could have easily served two. The food came out fast and was served with a smile. We were very impressed!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Fantastic service, delicious authentic Italian pizzas (we didn't try the pasta but that looked amazing too!)

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I went here for lunch based on some reviews of the new location.
The ambiance is very nice, open and airy.
The service is very sub par given the class of restaurant. If you're going to charge me 400/- for a bottle of sparkling water then you better open the bottle and pour it into the glass for me too.

The wait staff just seemed unattentive and not interested.
My friend ordered a lasagne and there were no complaints.

I ordered a fillet steak in blue cheese sauce.

The steak was overdone, over tenderised and the sauce was basically just some sort of cheese flavoured cream. I left most of it.
Thank god the fries are good!