“Second Home”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Guest enjoy the hospitality of mama Alice
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

batumeric
“Second Home”
Reviewed December 30, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

This is the place where you have to stay while you're in Nairobi. Alice can show you around, help if you need, and also feed you with the best Kenyan food. So, if you're looking for a place to experience real Kenya then just book Alice's place.

Jan 6, 2017
It was nice hosting Batu and had a wonderful experience with him.Thanks for having chosen to stay with us
Janja V
“very friendly home”
Reviewed November 12, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

Staying at Alice's home was very nice and friendly. Alice was prepared to help us with everything. She cooked us very tasteful meals, she took us to her church and accompanied us to the town. We could count on her for everything we needed. Therefore, I really recommend her if someone intendeds to live an experience in Kenya.
We are sorry that our visit was too short so we could not visit the school where she teach. She can help you with organisation of safari or anything else you would like to do or visit in Kenya

Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Nov 19, 2015
very warm guest we had and outgoing.I made real friends and was happy that they travelled with a young child who was my friend because I totall love children.I got a surprise of a tip from such a wonderful guests .Look forward to see them one day.
AnyLu2013
Thun, Switzerland
“"my second home"”
Reviewed August 22, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

2013 I visited Kenya for the Volunteerwork at Alices School. 3 Month by her Family were so wonderful that I visit them every year again. They show me around in Nairobi, learned to cook me Kenyan food and teach me more about the life there. Also to be with the children at Alices school Safisha Africa is funtastic! the house of Alice it's the most colorful house I have ever seen and a meeting point for travelers, volunteer and locals. I had a great experience in this family and house. So now it's my second home. They get a really big place in my heart. I'm sure if you go there you will love them.

Your age range 18-24
Aug 22, 2015
It was a volunteer experience from my guest which turned a frequent visit to Nairobi,Kenya calling our homestay a real home.She is a wonderful person that I desire hosting every year.I trust her as she has confidence in our property.
Hamurabi...
“A place to call home ”
Reviewed August 22, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Staying at Alice's home was one of my greatest times. She is a person with a good and calm soul, who is always smiling and thinking positively. I could count on her for everything I needed. Therefore, I really recommend her if someone intendeds to live an experience in Kenya.

Aug 22, 2015
My guest is warm and very positive with skills and motivational talks.I loved to host him and again and again look forward to meet him when he travels .Thanks for having chosen us.
819Bella1...
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing stay and the greatest hospitality!”
Reviewed August 21, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

I stayed with Alice or (Mama Alice) and her family for almost seven weeks. It was such a great experience! I was travelling by myself but they welcomed me into their home and made me feel like my family. I was volunteering at Safisha, the school that Alice founded for underprivileged children in that area. If you stay here, you should also definitely visit the school and see the amazing work that is being done. The children are so precious and I will always hold them in my heart! The homestay was in a safe area, very clean, and well-maintained. It is also easily accessible by bus, taxi, etc. You will not regret staying here, you will have amazing memories for a lifetime!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hospitality and cleanliness
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Aug 22, 2015
My guest was great and she made me proud by her kindness,love and skills at the school project for the vulnerable.
She is welcome again any moment to visit our Country Kenya and be hosted in our property
Audrey C
Molitg-les-Bains, France
“The best place in Nairobi !”
Reviewed August 19, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We were in Alice's place in January and we really enjoy it ! Alice and her family were so friendly , that we can just recommend her home. It's clean, safe and you'll feel like home. Just go!

Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Aug 20, 2015
the two guests were amazing and it was a good experience to host them and share the family culture of friendship,they were warm and entertaining.we enjoyed the company laughed greatly for the jokes.
Janus C
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Heart warming and friendly”
Reviewed August 19, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

I had the pleasure to stay at Alice´s place for about 6 weeks in total. I tried to help out at the school she runs through her NGO which is for children who many come from difficult backgrounds and are raised up in extreme poverty. If you have the opportunity I definitely recommend that you visit the school and say hello to the children.

I enjoyed my time at her place and fully recommend it. It´s such a valuable experience and so much better than staying at an expensive hotels.

Alice is one of those unique persons I´ve met in my lifetime, who will not just stay with me in my memories but also in my heart. I miss Alice and her family dearly but when I think about them it always brings a smile to my face.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The personal aspect and the helpfulness
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
Aug 19, 2015
Staying with a guest for six weeks is a sign that the guest is super and departing from one another is always an emotional experience.It was wonderful to have such a guest and all the time was an extra warm day.The guest was hardworking,appreciative,compassionate and very supportive.Welcome back to Kenya again
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing