“Heart warming and friendly”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Guest enjoy the hospitality of mama Alice
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Janus C
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Heart warming and friendly”
Reviewed August 19, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

I had the pleasure to stay at Alice´s place for about 6 weeks in total. I tried to help out at the school she runs through her NGO which is for children who many come from difficult backgrounds and are raised up in extreme poverty. If you have the opportunity I definitely recommend that you visit the school and say hello to the children.

I enjoyed my time at her place and fully recommend it. It´s such a valuable experience and so much better than staying at an expensive hotels.

Alice is one of those unique persons I´ve met in my lifetime, who will not just stay with me in my memories but also in my heart. I miss Alice and her family dearly but when I think about them it always brings a smile to my face.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The personal aspect and the helpfulness
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Aug 19, 2015
Staying with a guest for six weeks is a sign that the guest is super and departing from one another is always an emotional experience.It was wonderful to have such a guest and all the time was an extra warm day.The guest was hardworking,appreciative,compassionate and very supportive.Welcome back to Kenya again
Dana v
“The best Kenyan home stay experience!”
Reviewed August 19, 2015 for a stay in November 2013

I had a great stay at Alice's home and family! She is the best host I have met during my trip through Africa, always happy and smiling, making sure that we were ok :) . The food was very nice too and the house is situated in a safe compound in Nairobi. I would defenitely recommend everyone who is planning a trip to Nairobi to stay here!

Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
Aug 19, 2015
It was wonderful hosting my guest and my memories are fresh everytime because of the time we spend together.My guest was kind,honest and followed the rules.Will be excited to host the guest again on trip to Kenya .
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing