“Good Chinese Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Good Chinese Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

From the word go, we have always had an excellent treatment from Spring Garden.
I have been there more than 6 times and always love the service, food and ambience.
We always book a private room as most of the times we with the family. Hence good attention given to us, well I should guess like the rest of the clients as well. Although if you want a private room, book early. Their food is always great, our usual always being the sizzling beef, sweet and sour pork n fish, sea food at times, vegetable n egg rice n vegetables as well. Their food is great and if you are a fun of Chinese food, well I would recommend this place anytime. It is best when you go as a great number so as to order for different types of dishes, which on my end I have never been disappointed.

• Visited May 2013

“Pathetic customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I went for a family dinner here and the manager was rude and pompous. A couple was even told to leave as they had not booked a table. Worst experience ever.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Zohreen A
“Manager out of control”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Hi have been a faithful and regular patron of Spring Garden for over twelve years. Their food is exceptional, the prices reasonable, their staff very amicable, the ambiance simple and lovely.

I am very sad to write this review, but today I experienced a terrible injustice. The manager was yelling uncontrollably at the staff in the kitchen due to a delay in my take-away order. I had a book, I couldn't have cared less if the order was 10 minutes late. Someone back there may very well have been delinquent and failed to get a sauce ready on time. But the rage with which the manager/owner spoke to them shocked me.

When he returned to the front I spoke up, and very kindly said to him to please not yell at his staff like that. He then turned his wrath on me in ways I would like to not repeat. Despite my remaining calm, he was unrelenting.

Until I amend this review, I would wish to request people boycott this restaurant. It is important for us to stand up for dignity, decency, and justice for all.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
3 Thank Megan M
Nairobi
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have to say straight off that I am not the biggest fan of Chinese food, but was disappointed by Spring Garden.

The spring rolls as starters were okay but my main course of sweetcorn and chilies, just tasted like a tin of sweetcorn with a couple of chilies in. Don't know quite what I expected but it certainly wasn't something as basic as that.

There was a power cut when we were there, not a rare occurrence in Nairobi in the rain, but I was surprised they had no backup generator.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Nairobi, Kenya
“Defenitely a must visit for chinese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was my first visit to Spring garden.I wanted to go for new year dinner but the place was not open till 12.00 .So we went after new year.The decor is simple .There is a bar right in middle of the restaurant.We tried golden fried prawns,chicken fried rice and noodles.One more chicken dish we ordered cant remember name though.Basically I loved the food there,must visit for Chinese food.

• Visited January 2013