“Defenitely a must visit for chinese food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout, Waitstaff
Nairobi, Kenya
“Defenitely a must visit for chinese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was my first visit to Spring garden.I wanted to go for new year dinner but the place was not open till 12.00 .So we went after new year.The decor is simple .There is a bar right in middle of the restaurant.We tried golden fried prawns,chicken fried rice and noodles.One more chicken dish we ordered cant remember name though.Basically I loved the food there,must visit for Chinese food.

• Visited January 2013

Kathmandu, Nepal
“fresh food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I like the fact that you can really taste the ingredients and not the sauces.
Unlike a previous reviewer, I did not find that the onions were overpowering, so I guess it's all about personal taste.
Also, the staff is friendly, and super nice to children!
We enjoy going there when we want a simple dinner with the kids. They also have take-out!
The atmosphere is definitely not romantic, and not the restaurant's strong point.

• Visited February 2012
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Ythe food is very authentic good portions and service is good Must try the fish

Nairobi, Kenya
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bland & Boring”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I read some reviews online but was disappointed by the food (the price tag was also not a bargain and compared to other better restaurants).... with the ambiance not being much, I expected the food to at least hit some high notes but While the food was fresh all we could taste was salt and onions through most of the dishes. It will definitely not be a repeat performance for myself and family!!! VERY DISAPPOINTING CHINESE ..tasted like food court variety.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank FoodieNai
Cairo, Egypt
“Solid Chinese Food in Nairobi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

I have been to Spring Garden for dinner and lunch many times over the past year. It is a solid Chinese restaurant, serving fresh and well-prepared Chinese-style food. The service has always been consistent, with friendly wait staff and management paying attention to the customers' needs. It is nestled away in a small house complex and patrons can eat inside or out.

I like the spring rolls and wonton soup for a starter. I have also gotten the fish soup and dumplings, which are also delicious. Sweet and sour chicken is always risk, because it gets soggy from the kitchen to the table, but their portion doesn't suffer the same fate and it is delicious. I would also recommend the chicken wings as well as the sizzlers - your choice of chicken, beef or prawn - and lo mein-style noodles.

They have small private rooms for private parties and I often see regulars there on weeknights and weekends, which is encouraging. Getting your Chinese-style food fix is tough in Nairobi, but Spring Garden makes it a little easier.

• Visited February 2011