“Touristy but good food”

The Carnivore Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 593 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: African, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: On the outskirts of Nairobi on the Langata Road is the world famous Carnivore, known as the Ultimate 'Beast of a Feast', a meat lovers den where a vast selection of succulent meats are charcoal grilled and carved at your table. Adjoining the Carnivore main restaurant is the 'Simba Saloon' - a vibrant informal a la carte restaurant with a childrens playground,
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is a tourist attraction because it features exotic meats like ostrich, warthog, impala... They offer traditional roasted meats like chicken, beef, pork. Its good food and a fun night out, esprcially with a crowd

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My brother had visited Carnivore years ago and I was so excited to try zebra and other exotic meats. I was so disappointed to learn that game laws had changed and that meat if no longer available for consumption. Then I learned out tour was scheduling a night here and decided to attend, even though it no longer was a big draw for me.

I was so happy I went. The food kept coming fast and furious and it was an experience. They did have ostrich and crocodile, not too exciting, but they also had chicken livers, leg of lamb, prime rib, several types of chicken, beef sausage, mashed potatoes, and other meats. I was stuffed at the end and glad for the experience.

The food is cooked over flames in full view of the patrons. The setting was semi-outdoors. I have had some better meals, although this was very good, but the surroundings helped make it a night to remember.

1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I decided to visit Carnivore with my friends during our time in Nairobi and I thoroughly enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service. Loved all the different sauces used to dip and flavour the meat with and the drink that we started out with to open our appetites was delicious!

I enjoyed every bit of meat brought to the table except the bull testicles. Definitely not something I'd recommend.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Visited in May with friends. Great music, ambience and food. Was good to be back after close to a decade. No more game meat but the meat was tasty. Lovely soup and bread as well as vegetables.
Our waiter was withdrawn and in a rush, maybe having a bad day at work. He apologised when I asked him about it.

Still recommend the restaurant to a great night out, also great for sunday lunch with family.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The staff is very friendly and promptly when you require assistance. The meat is very well prepared (Braai). The only problem is that no game meat available due to the ban of that in Kenya. Good atmosphere and everything there to have a good time and great evening out.

1  Thank Marius L