“Meat lovers delight”

The Carnivore Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 583 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: African, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: On the outskirts of Nairobi on the Langata Road is the world famous Carnivore, known as the Ultimate 'Beast of a Feast', a meat lovers den where a vast selection of succulent meats are charcoal grilled and carved at your table. Adjoining the Carnivore main restaurant is the 'Simba Saloon' - a vibrant informal a la carte restaurant with a childrens playground,
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Arrived after a 3hr drive from lake Nakuru we arrived to be greeted by friendly staff all dressed in uniform. This is a meat lovers delight large selection of meats including exotics.Service was excellent,staff were fantastic.This was part of our tour so cost was not an issue.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I was really recommend it to visit this restaurant, when I arrive we were very tired because the city traffic, as soon we got they gave us a table and start our dining experience, the visit was great but the cuisine is not the best, I recommend it f you what to try some special dishes, the service is really good.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

The Management may be busy for other restaurants. Staff were friendly as usual and service was good as before. However we found the vegetables were not fresh. The amount of vegetables were so little compare to other restaurants so they could keep fresh vegetables. Cheese cake was rather poor quality made, they used to have fantastic cheese cakes. Coffee was not fresh either. One of the best coffee they used to serve.

1  Thank victoria057
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I went to Carnivore while working in Kenya and had eaten in several great restaurants in Nairobi before my visit. The food was average at best with the meat generally being overcooked and lacking in flavour, the dessert menu was fairly boring and the bread to share with our starter of soup was one wholemeal roll to share between five people! The atmosphere and quality of the food suggests to me that they have had to economise since their heyday when they were allegedly one of the top 50 restaurants in the world.

I was fortunate enough to not have to pay the extortionate bill myself which for the quality of the food was absolutely shocking. Only two days before we visited one of Nairobi's top seafood restaurants and paid the same amount for an amazing three course meal with top notch service.

My advice to someone visiting Nairobi is to avoid this place like the plague, if you really want an all you can eat meat experience then go to Pampa Churrascaria, the meat is far superior and is less expensive.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Carnivore, seems to be a thing of the past -it was once upon a time a fun and exotic location -in fact, I had heard about it before I ever knew I was moving to Nairobi. They served all kinds of game meat and it was a great place to go after the Nairobi Ntl. Park. However when I went (several years back now) it was lacking in any extraordinary meat options (beef, pork, chicken, ostrich and crocodile were the options) and further more -it was not super tasty. For the cost of this place I would expect better flavour. Service and atmostphere was fine -this place just wasn't my thing, and when I have guests in town I take them elsewhere.