“You need a big appetite to make the most of this set priced restaurant”

The Carnivore Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 572 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: African, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: On the outskirts of Nairobi on the Langata Road is the world famous Carnivore, known as the Ultimate 'Beast of a Feast', a meat lovers den where a vast selection of succulent meats are charcoal grilled and carved at your table. Adjoining the Carnivore main restaurant is the 'Simba Saloon' - a vibrant informal a la carte restaurant with a childrens playground,
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were taken to this restaurant for lunch between flights into Wilson and out of Kenyatta to Zanzibar. It was convenient for the time we needed it, and my husband who loves meat was in his element. But personally I found that I couldn't do it justice at lunchtime because my appetite isn't big enough. The restaurant is nicely laid out and got very busy, and the staff were friendly and polite. However it was a bit touristy for me.

There are newer reviews for The Carnivore Restaurant

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is a fantastic restaurant for the experience - its exotic, has a great atmosphere and you eat until you can't eat anymore! I loved trying all the different meat, although the side-dishes are pretty limited. I thought the meat was cooked perfectly and flavoured nicely. Different meats are served onto your plate, carved from spears by the appropriately dressed African waiters. It is quite expensive for what it is, but you are paying for the experience as oppose to a foodies haven.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

it was hyped beyond belief and we were really looking forward to it.
Unfortunately .. once there, it was like a brazilian churrascaria place where all the meats are on sticks in a big pit and folks come over to your table with them.

yes, they have osterich and a large variety ..but 2 if not 3 of the meats we sampled tasted a little off ..and my wife ended up getting ill... which really put a damper on the next few days of staying the vans for hours on end as we started our safari.

Don't take a chance. . I wish we would have eaten at the hotel instead.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Carnivore is one of the meat-fest places that serves a huge volume of poorly prepared meats. All of the meats were primarily too tough to eat. Not flavored well, and quite uninteresting. I've been to several other Brazilian type meat houses which were quite superior to this. Save your money and go elsewhere.

1  Thank kimkauai
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Kenya teems with wildlife, and the world goes there to see it up close. Many of the animals you see there are unique to this part of Africa, and it is truly exciting to see them upfront and close to you in their natural habitat. This restaurant adds another flavour to this experience - that of tasting them as well. I must confess, however, that all the more unusual meats on offer(and on display) were too exotic for me!
This is clearly not a place for the 'chicken-hearted', and to be fair to them, the name says it all.