WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Haandi Restaurant

Haandi Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 512 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nairobi, Kenya
“Haandi's Capital Centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Their food was well done and the ambience is wonderful, the Chef gave us a specialty and we enjoyed.

Visited April 2013

“Expensive but Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant was still being renovated as I visited. New decor is stunning

Food is extremely delicious. The kulfi faluda dessert is the best I've had

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tokyo, Japan
“Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Every time I go to Nairobi for work I make a point to eat at Haandi. OK - so I've never been to India. But I've never had Indian food close to Haandi quality in the US, England or anywhere else. Everything is cooked to perfection, the prices are reasonable, and the staff are quite friendly. I last went in May 2013 and they are under renovations, so the atmosphere is not so appealing at the moment. But our meal was still perfect and I am sure the new dining room will be beautiful. No complaints!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very good tasting indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

By reading earlier reviews I was skeptical about this restaurant however after my taxi driver told me its good I decided to try as it was quite near to my hotel.
I liked it so much that I ate here all the days when I decided to have dinner while in Nairobi.

I tried their Lahori chicken which was the best indian chicken dish I had during any of my trips within Africa & Middle East. I also tried their dal bukhara and haandi chicken makhani and found them quite good.

The restaurant seems to be very popular with indians in Kenya and also the other expats.
Its definitely a good choice to eat if you are around westland and value for money as on an average a single person can eat here in less than 20 USD.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London
“Unassuming looking but lovely food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was a very low key Indian restuarant inside a mall but the food was delicious and extensive. Beautiful lamb legs, prawn dishes and breads. Really nice friendly service and very attentive.

Visited May 2013