“Expensive but Delicious” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Haandi Restaurant

Haandi Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 476 Restaurants in Nairobi
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
“Expensive but Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant was still being renovated as I visited. New decor is stunning

Food is extremely delicious. The kulfi faluda dessert is the best I've had

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

Tokyo, Japan
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Every time I go to Nairobi for work I make a point to eat at Haandi. OK - so I've never been to India. But I've never had Indian food close to Haandi quality in the US, England or anywhere else. Everything is cooked to perfection, the prices are reasonable, and the staff are quite friendly. I last went in May 2013 and they are under renovations, so the atmosphere is not so appealing at the moment. But our meal was still perfect and I am sure the new dining room will be beautiful. No complaints!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very good tasting indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

By reading earlier reviews I was skeptical about this restaurant however after my taxi driver told me its good I decided to try as it was quite near to my hotel.
I liked it so much that I ate here all the days when I decided to have dinner while in Nairobi.

I tried their Lahori chicken which was the best indian chicken dish I had during any of my trips within Africa & Middle East. I also tried their dal bukhara and haandi chicken makhani and found them quite good.

The restaurant seems to be very popular with indians in Kenya and also the other expats.
Its definitely a good choice to eat if you are around westland and value for money as on an average a single person can eat here in less than 20 USD.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
London
“Unassuming looking but lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was a very low key Indian restuarant inside a mall but the food was delicious and extensive. Beautiful lamb legs, prawn dishes and breads. Really nice friendly service and very attentive.

Visited May 2013
“Amazing, better Indian than India!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

After being in Nairobi for 3 weeks and working our way through the trip advisor recommendations we were taken with Haandi.

The service was perfect, not pushy, yet still observant of meal progress. The waiters and an intimate knowledge of the menu.

The food was fantastic, naan bread was out of this world, as was the traditional dishes they are served in.

We will be back in the next few days!

• Visited April 2013