“Perfection”

Haandi Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 564 Restaurants in Nairobi
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Haandi specialises in North Indian Frontier cuisine and true to the spirit of the original concept, the masalas are freshly-prepared daily, all the dishes are cooked to order and absolutely everything you eat is created on the premises. Our trademark glass fronted kitchens add an element of drama to each restaurant, allowing you, the diner, to watch the chefs as they create their own brand of magic. We have always insisted on the freshest, finest ingredients available and this policy has rewarded us with a reputation where quality is paramount and the satisfaction of you, the customer, always comes first. and of course the service is exemplary.
Tokyo, Japan
“Perfection”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Every time I go to Nairobi for work I make a point to eat at Haandi. OK - so I've never been to India. But I've never had Indian food close to Haandi quality in the US, England or anywhere else. Everything is cooked to perfection, the prices are reasonable, and the staff are quite friendly. I last went in May 2013 and they are under renovations, so the atmosphere is not so appealing at the moment. But our meal was still perfect and I am sure the new dining room will be beautiful. No complaints!

• Visited May 2013

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very good tasting indian food”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

By reading earlier reviews I was skeptical about this restaurant however after my taxi driver told me its good I decided to try as it was quite near to my hotel.
I liked it so much that I ate here all the days when I decided to have dinner while in Nairobi.

I tried their Lahori chicken which was the best indian chicken dish I had during any of my trips within Africa & Middle East. I also tried their dal bukhara and haandi chicken makhani and found them quite good.

The restaurant seems to be very popular with indians in Kenya and also the other expats.
Its definitely a good choice to eat if you are around westland and value for money as on an average a single person can eat here in less than 20 USD.

• Visited May 2013
London
“Unassuming looking but lovely food”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was a very low key Indian restuarant inside a mall but the food was delicious and extensive. Beautiful lamb legs, prawn dishes and breads. Really nice friendly service and very attentive.

Visited May 2013
“Amazing, better Indian than India!!!!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

After being in Nairobi for 3 weeks and working our way through the trip advisor recommendations we were taken with Haandi.

The service was perfect, not pushy, yet still observant of meal progress. The waiters and an intimate knowledge of the menu.

The food was fantastic, naan bread was out of this world, as was the traditional dishes they are served in.

We will be back in the next few days!

• Visited April 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“Good food, but can be inconsistent”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The food is usually very good. I've had the best experience food wise in the westlands location. Food at the Capital Center location has been inconsistent and is pricey for wht you get.

Visited February 2013