“Indian Meal”

Haandi Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 583 Restaurants in Nairobi
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Haandi specialises in North Indian Frontier cuisine and true to the spirit of the original concept, the masalas are freshly-prepared daily, all the dishes are cooked to order and absolutely everything you eat is created on the premises. Our trademark glass fronted kitchens add an element of drama to each restaurant, allowing you, the diner, to watch the chefs as they create their own brand of magic. We have always insisted on the freshest, finest ingredients available and this policy has rewarded us with a reputation where quality is paramount and the satisfaction of you, the customer, always comes first. and of course the service is exemplary.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Enjoy Indian food, both North indian and Mughlai, feel as in India, good hospitality and service. Big Menu card to choose from. Place for family and business visitor

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have visited this place every year for the past six years. This time there was a noticible deterioration. Sauces were out of a tin and not made in-house. Portions were small and carelessly presented. I was upset to have to listen to staff arguing about who had stolen who's pen at the bar.

1  Thank Parachut
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Haandi's is on the upper floor of a mall that looks a bit like it's seen better times. Go anyway!

Your meal starts with a hot towel that expands sixfold when the waiter pours hot water over it. The menu has a wide range of choices, including many vegetarian options and spice combinations that are not usual in North America's Indian restaurants. My Indian dining companion found it all as good as Grandma's. Portions were not too large, which we appreciated as it meant we could try more different dishes.

Don't remember the exact bill but it was very reasonable. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I think the place needs a re-fit, looking a bit tired and outdated now except the glass fronted kitchen. I did note that there were very few Indians dining here compared to say Open House over the other side of the road, maybe this speaks for itself. The chilli paneer was bland and the kadai chicken was far too salty. On a positive note the naan breads were good. The service was good but a little intrusive.

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Dear all,
My collegue and I were in Nairobi for one week and we looked for a good Indian restaurant was advised Haandi in Westlands is good, this was far from it seems to be owned by Indians but I am sorry to say that they must think we are all daft, the food was water downed and not authentic Asian, it seems to be aimed at tourist who must be daft, food quality = terrible , and as over priced .
I do not mind paying for good quality but this is the worst food I have tasted.