“Simply the best Indian food I've had in a long time, original dishes” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Haandi Restaurant

Haandi Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 522 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa
“Simply the best Indian food I've had in a long time, original dishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Cannot compare this to other specialty Indian restaurants in Nairobi, but Haandi was a fabulous find by my North American standards. They offered an inventive menu with quite a few dishes I'd never seen in Indian restaurants on the other side of the Atlantic, or even in the UK. Complex flavours. They asked first how spicy we wanted the dishes, and delivered just what we asked. Many vegetarian options. Rapid service.

Visited November 2011

Seattle
“One of the best in Nairobi!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

Went here with business colleagues as it had been recommended by others and was quite close to my hotel in Westlands. Definitely a good choice with great food and really good service!!

Visited October 2011
Tigre-Buenos Aires
“Poor experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

Not real indian feeling. Looks more to a standard hotel restaurant.
Food quality is average.

Visited November 2011
India
“Indian food as good as back home, if not better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

We visited Haandi for an Indian meal on the day of arrival and on the day of departure. On both occassions the food was very good and the 2nd time, since we were in a hurry to get to the airport, the service was real fast as we requested, we were out of there in 30 minutes which is not bad for a family of four eating a full meal. Definitely worth a visit if Indian food is what you want.

Visited October 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Best Indian food in East Africa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

I have eaten at this restaurant in Nairobi almost every time I have visited Kenya over the past 10 years and it always exceeds my expectations. I have always enjoyed the variety of food that is cooked there. I have the opportunity to also visit their sister restaurant in Kampala, which always delivers the same excellent quality of food. Very enjoyable experience whether it is dinner during the week, or lunch at the weekend. A place to savour!

• Visited May 2011