Stayed here for the first time the night before and the night after my safari in the standard room. It was average, but compared to other places, it was good enough for the price. Here are the pros and cons:
- relatively good price (paid about 50 euro/night breakfast included)
- lots of security to get into the premises
- free internet
- rooms are good size
- I tried the dinner and breakfast, and both were very good. Lots of food, lots of choices, and it tasted good. Breakfast was eggs, bread, fruits, baked beans, bacon, cereal, juices, tea, coffee. Dinner one night was chips, potatoes, salad, ugali, rice, soup, bread, fish, beef stew, fruits.
- very friendly and helpful staff
- there is a store in the lobby that acts as a mini post office and place to buy phone cards. very convenient!
- walls are paper thin. Expect to hear your neighbour singing or people's conversations in the halls.
- I stayed in room 311 one night, and the wifi signal was too weak to reach - no wifi
- whole place is a bit dated. Rooms and beds are a bit old
- there is simple push lock on all the doors. No chain lock or bolt. Staying by myself I did not feel very comfortable with that.
- Rooms clean for the most part, but the first night I checked in there was a mud stain near the bed....
- hardly any power outlets
Overall, good place to stay if you just need a reasonably priced place to sleep a few nights. The breakfast included makes it a good deal.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Methodist Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Methodist Guest House Hotel Nairobi