All reviewsmosquito nethot watersafe placesingle roomuhuru parknational museumthe hotel is cleanmasai maragate
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I recently stayed here for a night with a couple of friends backpacking from Cairo to Cape and we can all agree that Kenya Comfort is pretty good. There is nothing here other than the restaurant that stands out but there is nothing terrible about this place either. In my opinion, it is just an average hotel quality-wise. First off, the location of this place is very very good. It is in the heart of the city center and very close to everything in Nairobi. The bad part about that is that it can be quite dangerous at times but the security is solid here. The price is decent for a hotel close to the center but there are better places for cheaper outside the city. The staff were all very nice, they don't mind helping you out with any questions or reasonable requests you have. They do have free wifi, which is a big plus. The one thing that stands out, like I said earlier, is the restaurant. The price is decent but the quality of the food is amazing. We ate two meals there and it was probably the best meals we've had in Kenya. The only drawbacks we had with the hotel was that it was very small. I felt very squeezed when I was there with little room to walk with all of my luggage. Overall, if you want a safe, decent place to stay, I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We - a family of four - stayed here for just one night as we arrived late and wanted to catch the shuttle bus to Tanzania, which leaves right opposite the hotel. The rooms were clean and of decent size, breakfast sufficient although service was very slow and location was extremely convenient. Considering the price was low, I would say you get what you are paying for, the only
other critisism I have is that the mosquito nets were way too small and didn't close around the beds. As this was our first night in Africa we didn't know whether this would be a problem or not but we realised that there weren't any mosquitos in the rooms anyway, so all was fine in the end.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We spent in this hotel sometimes last year and i must say it was more than we expected,the staff were so welcoming and friendly,the rooms were okay,there was a bit concern about the safety of the hotel noting the fact that is right in the middle of town area,but to our surprise it was calm and safe with great food,and we definatly enjoyed our one night stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in July. The staff were very friendly and the rooms clean, safe and simple. The WiFi didn't work when I was staying in a room further away from the stairwell but you can always go to the area near the restaurant to get better reception. On the weekend some rooms can be a bit noisy due the clubs nearby, but this seemed to quieten down after midnight.

Overall, I'd recommend it for anyone transiting through Nairobi or just wants a simple, fairly cheap place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel is located in a good place. the prices are good the staff is helpful and friendly.

The bar on the other hand is pathetic. they have no booze and if you ask they tell you its out of stock! seriously get Your game together.

Over all i enjoyed my stay except that mishap with the Bar.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo