All reviews street noise hot water safe place uhuru park rooms are basic national museum the hotel is clean masai mara wardrobe gate
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel is located in a good place. the prices are good the staff is helpful and friendly.

The bar on the other hand is pathetic. they have no booze and if you ask they tell you its out of stock! seriously get Your game together.

Over all i enjoyed my stay except that mishap with the Bar.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I spent two nights at the hotel together with my fiance. We were concerned with the safety in Nairobi, but this hotel made us feel safe. The room was clean and had ok standard. Restaurant in hotel open 24 hours (good for us since we got up really early the second day, but it seemed a little odd to us). Staff very helpful and friendly.

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The location is quite convenient, and the facilities are adequate, but leaves somethings to be desired if you're coming for a multiple night stay. I have stayed here on two occasions and both times was moved to a different room - shower was apparently leaking into the room below, and another time the lock on my door broke. The staff is pretty understanding and the in-house restuarant/bar relieves you from needing to venture out at night. The street noise can be pretty annoying at night, but really for one or two nights, it's a great value.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hotel is located right downtown, which makes walking very possible. The staff make up for any areas that may be lacking in the hotel. On arrival (3:00am) we were given a very basic, small room. We were so tired at that point we only wanted a bed to sleep. The next morning the front desk wanted to move us to the correct room we had reserved. The difference in the basic room and the superior room is like night and day. Our new room was much larger, with many more amenities. The view was much better also, as we were on the 6th floor.

We only booked this hotel to and get some rest prior to starting our safari. It was a good choice, but the hotel is basic. From the front desk, the doorman, the bellmen, and the breakfast staff we found them all to be very friendly, and helpful. I would recommend this hotel for a base to get some rest prior to your safari. Don't expect luxury, but it's clean, and we felt safe.

Room tip: Book a superior room, and ask for a high floor, as it's quieter.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The location of the Kenya Comfort Hotel is good, being very central and within walking distance of many shops and restaurants. The large 24 hour shopping centre next door is very helpful. The hotel is a bit old and rickety, but then again most of Nairobi seems to be that way!
Check-in was a bit slow and painful, although I was at the end of a very long transit, so I was feeling every second before I could collapse in my room. There was some confusion though – I had booked for 3 nights, they thought I was staying for 1 night and I ended up leaving after 2 nights! Overall, though, the staff were friendly and helpful.
My room was on the 6th floor and should therefore have been one of the quietest. Not the case, with windows that did not seal at all. Street noise was a constant, although overnight the street outside was not too noisy. Mine was one of the air-conditioned rooms, and while the air-conditioner was present, it had very little effect on the room temperature and was not worth the extra money. That was my first major gripe – it wasn’t too bad in July as the temperatures are cool anyway, but in the heat the air-conditioner would do less than a ceiling fan. That they charge extra money for air-conditioned rooms is a disgrace.
My second grip was the wifi. With 3 connections to choose from, it became a frustrating and ongoing challenge to a, get a connection, and b, get that connection to actually connect to the internet. Drop-outs were a constant and overall the wifi connection was terrible – another feature of the hotel that they advertise but that comes up short.
Despite all this, my room was not horrible, although the blinds did not block out the light from the street and some painted over windows let the light from the stairway into the room too, so light sleepers (pardon the pun!) would generally struggle.
Kenya Comfort Hotel is at the cheaper end of the spectrum in Nairobi, and you certainly get what you pay for. Probably okay for a night, but not much more.

Room tip: Maybe a room that does not overlook the street might be quieter? Don't bother with the AC rooms - it's not worth it.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo