All reviewsmosquito nethot watersafe placesingle roomuhuru parknational museumthe hotel is cleanmasai maragate
Reviewed November 21, 2011

This is a great little hotel in Nairobi. I wanted a hotel that was clean (and insect-free), safe and convenient ... at a reasonable price. And this hotel definitely fulfilled all my requirements. I initially stayed for 2 nights and even cancelled an existing reservation (in a more up-market hotel) to come back for another 1 night stay. The bed is comfortable, mosquito net is provided. The bathroom, although small is perfectly adequate and the shower is great, plenty of hot water and very powerful (unlike some of the miserable showers in some more fancy hotels I stayed in during my trip to kenya). The staff were very friendly, and did their best to help .... even lent me one of their own city maps when I asked. The only bad point was the noise from the street .... my first stay was during the week and there was no problem with noise, but my second stay was on a Friday night and it gets quite loud outside ... a back-facing room would be best. The security in the hotel is very good, at least 2 security guards on duty at any time and the area seemed to be safe. Location is also convenient. I would definitely recommend this hotel. I'm not connected to the hotel but was just very impressed, given that I was unsure of what to expect from such a hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the rear of the building
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lynn S
kchensuites, General Manager at Kenya Comfort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

We most sincerely thank you for your genuine and honest feedback.

At times it is costly to spare your most valued time to construct and post a feedback. Lets share your good experience together.

We do agree that noise is an issue being located in city centre but we are glad to inform you that just directly opposite direction there is a building under construction whose outer part is complete now this serves as an indication that noise levels have reduced tremendously. Further afar there is a new hotel offering accommodation but they operate a club on Fridays. Given time they will also realize that the same noise is affecting their guests though we have raised this issue with their management.

We further thank you for the compliment you made about our staff and general quality service standards and look forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stayed here for one night after a return shuttle bus from Arusha to Nairobi. The Riverside Shuttle buses, as well as many others, drop you off 50 metres from the front of this hotel next to Jeevanjee Gardens. With safety being an issue in the CBD/downtown area, this is important. It is on a busy street corner, although it was recommended not to venture out on foot after dark.

The hotel itself is quite old, with a tiny reception area and upfront payment. A room with a TV but no a/c on the 6th floor was $60 for single occupancy. The room has an adequate double bed (not the most comfortable), a fridge, wardrobe, desk and wall-mounted old CRT TV. The bathroom is very cramped with a toilet, sink and shower very close together. Mosquito netting is provided (see photo) although not necessary when I was there. Even from my floor, it was quite noisy during the night.

There's a lively restaurant on the 2nd floor but service was definitely very slow. Masala chips were cheap and tasty! There's also a rooftop terrace - nice to take in a view around the CBD, or to lounge at. Service was fine, but not overly helpful.

Room Tip: Ask to face away from the main road if possible. Recommend paying extra for a superior room (or seeing the standard and superior rooms before choosing).
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
kchensuites, General Manager at Kenya Comfort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

My most thanks to you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Nairobi and for taking your precious time to share your feedback with us.
Guest satisfaction and reliable service being our cardinal aim, we take our guests seriously and always strive to meet their expectations.
We have noted your comments in regard to our tiny reception and old TVs in the rooms.
To address this problems I am pleased to inform you that currently we are extensively renovating our sister hotel, Kenya Comfort Hotel Suites at Milimani and in completion there is also a grand master plan to renovate the town hotel where reception is top in the plan to give it a completely different new face also the TVs will be replaced. Most rooms in 6th floor have ACs
We further thank you for complimenting our lively restaurant and do apologize for the slow service an issue we have addressed and do appreciate your constructive feedback. Which will go a long way to improve our standards.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

The hotel is located in the busy downtown area of the city. Prices are reasonable and breakfast is nice. The drawback is that the rooms and more particularly, the toilet attached is extremely small - to the extent that a bit overweight person may not even be able to comfortably enter the toilet! They have an airport taxi but for the adventurous, the bus station is right across the place. The hotel has the advantage of a supermarket very near with a small food court too serving variety of food. The best part is that the STAFF are really NICE and FRIENDLY. Another thing I like is that the hotel management shares valuable information that I felt was honest and good for an outsider - congrats to the hotel team and the bosses!

Room Tip: Choose a bigger size room, if you are large or more in size.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bestUk

We feel greatly honored by your feedback, we do take our guests and their comfort very seriously and always strive to meet their expectations.

We have noted your comment regarding rooms and more especially the toilet. Our advice is that there are bigger rooms with ample toilet space. This you can inquire at the reception to be guided so that you can make your own independent selection

We greatly appreciate your feedback about our friendly staff and the valuable information. we share with our guests coupled with the airport transfer and the adjacent mega supermarket including five start fast food outlets

Reviewed November 10, 2011

on our trip back from masai mara , we decided to check into this hotel which was central to our needs. we were asked to pay first and we did , then when we were taken to out room it was a total dump with unclean linen and bad bathroom and the room was situated behind steel bars where you get locked in. after about 10 minutes i went downstairs and asked to check out. We were refused our money back, we left anyway and the manager lady was so rude that she actually came on the roadside and confronted me angrily. 2 days later i had police come to our hotel where we checked in (Hotel KIpepeo) and arrested me on charges of publically denigrating a business and causing public nuisance. I spent the next two days visiting the police head quarters across the road from kenya comfort answering all sorts of allegations ranging from drunk behaviour ( i never drink) to causing public nuisance and loss of business by my behaviour. I will highly recommend Hotel Kipepeo in the budget class hotels , we were treated like royalty there. Kenya comfort lost me 2 days of my lovely visit to Kenya , the country i love.

Room Tip: try Hotel Kipepeo on River Road , I made friends with every staff member and i was treated like a king , my fiancee was accorded so much respect that we are going back again
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bobset
Reviewed October 29, 2011

When in Nairobi, The place to stay for budget travelling and convinience is Kenya Comfort. Hotels. good location and clean

Room Tip: Rooms away from reception is more peaceful
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business