“Great location, good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kenya Comfort Hotel

Kenya Comfort Hotel
Ranked #68 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
usa, usa
“Great location, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

Don't kid yourself - you're not going to get a hotel you really like in Nairobi without paying through the nose. You won't enjoy staying at Kenya Comfort, but you won't hate the place either. YOu will be consoled by the fact that there is very little in this price range in Nairobi (around $50).
You can request a room away from street noise. It is very convenient for catching the shuttles to Arusha that leave from across the street. There is a large 24 hour Nakumatt half a block away. Security is good.
After a uneventful stay here on arrival, I thought I would try to find a 'nicer' place at a similar price when I returned to Nairobi. I booked at Impala Hotel in Westalnds after reading some reviews that seemed like it might not be too bad. It was a complete disaster site and I happily paid the cab fare to return to Kenya Comfort in town.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ltktraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Last summer in vacation I decided to go at safari park of Kenya. I found the website www.bestkenyatravel and contacted through info@bestkenyatravel.com.

There they have a package within it wildlife seeing and stay in the hotel named Kenya comfort hotel. I was amazed so much after going there that the travel agency is giving a great opportunity to have a site seeing with wild life, 3 days cost of hotel and the other accommodation costs. But in my opinion you have to give much money for getting better service. So I’m suggesting that you should consider and remember about the cost of the travel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

I chose to stay at the Boulevard hotel, although it was a bit above my price range (the price quoted by my tour company was $95US & prices were similar online) as this was the adjoining point for my tour which left early the morning after i´d flown into Nairobi airport. However, when i arrived i was surprised to be told the price had gone up to $130US, which was extortionate for a hotel of this standard & my room didn´t even have aircon & i had a terrible nights sleep with the fan on! In europe i could have stayed in a 5star luxury hotel for less than this (having travelled around europe also).

I also had a problem with one of my US $ notes not being issued after 2004 & the hotel said they couldn´t accept this. Being on a budget & having limited funds, this was not a good start to my holiday.

However, when i returned from my tour i stayed at the Comfort Hotel which was a 2star but more than adequate for my needs & at $55 for the night, including breakfast, was much more affordable & i would recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget. It was only a short taxi ride from the Boulevard hotel or you could walk it in about 10mins. Being a solo traveller i was a bit wary of my safety & would not have walked alone perhaps but getting a taxi was fine.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Kiev, Ukraine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

We stayed at this hotel just becouse I thought it was inexpensive and its close proximity to the city center. The front desk staff were the most unfriendly ladies I ever met, they just have this negative attitude about guests. They held onto our passports all night because they said their photocopying machine was not working and they still needed to make copies of our passports. They said they will bring our passports to our room, but they did not. I felt terrible leaving our travel documents to strangers in a foreign country. I went to the front destk at 5 A.M and found the two ladies sleeping at their desks and asked to have our passports back, they woke up with this attitude like I just disturbed their sleep. We checked out right there and then.Very rude staff!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nickmadd
kchensuites, Manager at Kenya Comfort Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
Dear Sir

We apologize for what happened, to put the records straight. It is a government policy that we take copies of all our in house guests identification documents. This is one of the security measures to curb the high risk of terrorism threats experienced globally.

Our copier machine was being serviced but unfortunately it took longer than required, by then our staff had an opinion that you had gone to bed and thought not to disturb you instead to deliver your passport early morning hours.

We are truly sorry for our staff attitude and the discomfort you were subjected to. Appropriate action has been taken to correct this. The delay has been caused by you not posting your name or check in date.

John Kiriama
Manager

Travelers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

Iqaluit, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

I stayed here two nights while traveling solo in Kenya. The staff were very welcoming and friendly on arrival. My room was on the 5th floor, at the back of the hotel. Not much of a view but also away from most of the street noise. While small, the room was clean and comfortable with a TV and hot water. Each floor has a locked door and each room has double locks (in addition, you can padlock your door while you are out). There is a restaurant on-site (although I did not try it out) and an internet cafe on the second level.

The hotel is within walking distance of downtown (about 10 minutes) and there is a Nakumatt on the same block (a grocery store - handy for picking up snacks & water, or other essentials). They also arranged for a taxi to take me to the airport at 5am - the driver was courteous and on time. At that hour, there wasn't much traffic and the drive took less than 20 minutes.

Overall, this hotel was exactly what I was looking for: friendly, no-frills, a good price, and near downtown.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank GoneToSeeTheWorld
Cirencester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

My partner and I stayed in the Comfort Hotel several times during our travels in East Africa between November 2010 and January 2011 and found it to be a safe, comfortable and friendly home away from home.

The rooms are simply furnished, but the beds are comfy, the mosquito nets intact and the showers hot. Everything is very clean, and the staff are helpful. The food in the restaurant was generally pretty dire, but otherwise we have no complaints at all. Room prices seem pretty steep, but in comparison to other hotels in Nairobi, it's good value.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Toowoomba, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

Hotel Was okay... convenient location, close to everything. Would have liked a mosquito net that actually covered the whole bed (dbl bed, single size mozzy net). Staff were efficient... facilities not amazing... but good for the price.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple